Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Question Involving White Silhouettes

Default Another Question Involving White Silhouettes

In my previous thread, I was able to use the silhouette to cut a hole for the second video. But the mask leaves a black layer that is pretty much unchangable. This is annoying because if the people in the video are near black, using the chroma keyer makes them somewhat transparent.
    One thing I thought would work is if the second video shows only what the white silhouette does. For example, hopefully I can explain this good enough, but the second video would show only what the first video has, since the first video would have a transparent background. Almost like if you put a solid color as the second video, and a moving white cube with a transparent background as the silhouette, I would like to make it so the white cube would be that solid color, but none of the rest of the solid color will show. Thanks so much, sorry to be a bother :]
    If you don't understand, I suppose I can further explain (or attempt to do so).

If you could put that a different way as I might be a bit hung over this morning and don't get exactly what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If you could put that a different way as I might be a bit hung over this morning and don't get exactly what you want.
    Ok I'll try. I have a layer with a white silhouette of the person in the real video with a transparent background. Then the real video has a background and a person and everything. I want to get rid of the background and only use the silhouette, but when I use the mask method you previously gave me it leaves me with a black background. So I want to know if I could use the white silhouette as a base, and then make the real video only show what the white silhouette is doing. As an example, let's say I have a 3d model, one with a colored background and one is a silhouette only of the model. I would want it so the model is masked down I guess onto the white silhouette, and the rest of the background of the model would disappear because the white silhouette has no background. Pretty much as if there was a cookie cutter of the white silhouette, you would cookie cut the original video using the white silhouette so that the original video only shows what the white silhouette is showing, which does not include the background. I hope you understand! :P

Just to make sure I've got this right. Is it a bit like those ipod adverts like this but you want the them white not black.

If you can post some stills of what you have to work with it would make it easier for us to help you.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-24-2012 at 07:25 PM.

This is exactly what I am working with. I want that white silhouette, which I can easily cut the BG of, I want to use the top video, but almost paste the texture of it on the white silhouette so the background as well as the black background from the mask are gone. Thanks

If I understand this you just want to get rid of the blue fringing around the woman ?

If I understand this you just want to get rid of the blue fringing around the woman ?
    I only want to keep what the white silhouette shows. I don't want the pink either, and for most of these models, using chroma keyer begings to make the people transparent. So I want to use that white as a base for what the first video should show, because I can easily get rid of the black background for the silhouette.

With the silhouette on track one select the composition mode called Multiply (mask). This will give you a black background with the woman only showing. Does that help.

With the silhouette on track one select the composition mode called Multiply (mask). This will give you a black background with the woman only showing. Does that help.
    I need to make the background transparent. Is there any way at all to get rid of the black that the mask creates?

Now you're hitting into a more problematic area as you have black in the subject so you can't just key it out you would have to mask it by hand. Which is a pain in the butt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast