Thread: Using a White Silhouette Video to Cut Out Another Video?

Default Using a White Silhouette Video to Cut Out Another Video?

Ok, so I have 2 videos, one is basically a person moving with the background and all, and the other is a white silhouette of only the person. I would like to know how to use the white silhouette to cut the original video, while not showing the white at all.
    I've done it so that one layer is the original video, and the second is the white silhouette with a black background, and then using Chroma Keyer to cut the white, leaving the person on a black background, but then I have problems after that chroma keying the black background out of the picture, so I was hoping I could use the white layer to tell Sony Vegas to cut everything out but that white video, somewhat like a hole puncher for the background, cutting around the white on the original video.

This might be extremely confusing, if I need to further explain I will, but I hope someone can help.

Edit: The Cookie Cutter Effect, I'd like to do that but using one video to cut another. That's basically what I need to do.

This is very easy. Place the white silhouette video on a track above the other video. Then click the compositing mode button, the little green button next to the levels slider. Select multiply (mask). This will make any white bits of the above track appear transparent.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This is very easy. Place the white silhouette video on a track above the other video. Then click the compositing mode button, the little green button next to the levels slider. Select multiply (mask). This will make any white bits of the above track appear transparent.

Done.
    Thank you SOO much! That helped me so much, you're great!