Thread: The Sims 3 Rejection video- what video event FX were used??

Default The Sims 3 Rejection video- what video event FX were used??

Hi!
    This girl/boy created an amazing Sims 3 Machinima video and I'm wondering if I can achieve that kind of look in Sony Vegas 11? The plug- ins I usually choose for my videos are Sony Soft Contrast and Color Corrector, but it won't look like that person's video. Any help??
    The Sims 3 Machinima - Rejection - YouTube

I dont know "Sim 3". Please post a link to demonstrate what it looks like before any adjustments are made.

Thank you!
    I posted a link to the Sims 3 video, Rejection- The Sims 3 Machinima - Rejection - YouTube
    Sims in Sims 3 look really cartoony but some simmers manage to make them look kind of real in their videos,(thanks to editing programs, of course) but I haven't been able to achieve that yet. :(
    Here's a vid of what my Sim looks like with the effects Sony Soft Contrast, Gradient Map- sunset, Chroma Keyer and Color Corrector: testing75 - YouTube

And here's without any effects: testing78 - YouTube

Any help? Please?

I don't use Vegas, so cannot describe what to do. And I don't really know much about the subject. Perhaps a Vegas guru might better answer.

The 2 images on the left are your target. The topright image is your original,and the bottom right is a result of your adjustments.
    I think the effect you want would be capable of leaving one color alone while reducing the others to monocrome. That is, of course, not the same as simply fiddling with RBG values or hue/saturation/contrast. (I think that in Adobe s/w, the effect is named 'leave color'.)

sim1.jpg

Blog Entries

Thanks for explaining the problem in terms I can understand, Tim!
    If you are using Vegas 11 Pro, then you will have secondary colour corrector (I think some of the Movie Studio versions have this too). The scondary colour corrector allows you to play around with the colour of the event, but to limit the area you play around with by hue, saturation and lumiosity. So this means you can, for example, desaturate all but the greens in your original. Drop a Secondary colour corrector onto your event. Select the "Desaturate all but reds" then play around to get an understanding of what's going on.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Thanks for explaining the problem in terms I can understand, Tim!
    If you are using Vegas 11 Pro, then you will have secondary colour corrector (I think some of the Movie Studio versions have this too). The scondary colour corrector allows you to play around with the colour of the event, but to limit the area you play around with by hue, saturation and lumiosity. So this means you can, for example, desaturate all but the greens in your original. Drop a Secondary colour corrector onto your event. Select the "Desaturate all but reds" then play around to get an understanding of what's going on.
    Thank you, I'll try that!