Thread: Help! I need a command-line video editing software that can do the following...

Default Help! I need a command-line video editing software that can do the following...

As I have standard tasks to apply to a source video file, I am looking for a video editing software that preferably has a command line interface so I can create a batch file to run the tasks quickly.

There are 3 main tasks

1. Video speed change (fast-forward, effectively shorterning the length of video)
    2. Background audio mastering - I will provide MP3/WAV file(s) of course
    3. Insert video snippet at the end of the video (just about 5 seconds of "advertisement" for my service)

I may need to get someone not-so-familiar with video editing to carry out the bulk processing, so manual work + GUI will be time consuming. Would be nice to have a CLI tool that I can batch process.

Any help? Willing to pay for such a software

P.S: I know the "RTFM" rule but I am not familiar with the jargons in video editing, so when I try to explore the softwares I see jargons like non-linear, rendering etc etc which confuse me. I am really looking for a tool that does the above, and find out the command syntax required to carry out the function. If anyone kind enough to help the extra mile I would greatly appreciate
    Last edited by xg84; 12-21-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Google virtualdub and avisynth

thanks for pointing the direction. am exploring them out.

if anyone else has recommendations i thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Google virtualdub and avisynth
    I know the "RTFM" rule but I am not familiar with the jargons in video editing, so when I try to explore the softwares I see jargons like non-linear, rendering etc etc which confuse me. I am really looking for a tool that does the above tasks (fastfwd, master bg audio, insert video snippet), and find out the command syntax required to carry out the functions. If anyone kind enough to help the extra mile I would greatly appreciate

guys.. even if they are 3 different .exe I don't mind to run one command per task calling a different .exe each time, as long as I can accomplish the objective in one single .bat file