Thread: New Music Video: Reviews/Critiques Welcome!

1. Default New Music Video: Reviews/Critiques Welcome!

What's up guys! been a while since I posted here- I recently released a new music video I shot with an artist in Houston, Texas. I wrote the concept, DIrected, Shot, and edited the video-It was a one-day shoot, which I just flew in by myself for and didn't have a crew. -and some things I would change are:

- The focus was off during the performance sequence at times (working on getting a follow focus; also didn't have many takes of it)
    - Shutter speed was off during the football scenes at times;also plan was to shoot in 60 fps nd have those be slow motion, however the Canon 5D Mark II doesn't shoot 60 fps.

Let me know what you think! Thanks guys-

Typhus- All Alone (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

I liked it. I kind of lost the narrative at the end but at least it had a narrative. I think I've said before that I like that you don't just put a mean dude in front of a graffiti filled wall, trying to look cool and showing off to his mates. I like that you are going for different. I even thought the song was quite good.

One thing which I didn't think worked was at the beginning when you cut to the day time shots then back to a night shot at 0:21. I think it would have been better to cut straight to the football scene then back to the rapper/singer but what do I know.

Well done on a good job.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I liked it. I kind of lost the narrative at the end but at least it had a narrative. I think I've said before that I like that you don't just put a mean dude in front of a graffiti filled wall, trying to look cool and showing off to his mates. I like that you are going for different. I even thought the song was quite good.

One thing which I didn't think worked was at the beginning when you cut to the day time shots then back to a night shot at 0:21. I think it would have been better to cut straight to the football scene then back to the rapper/singer but what do I know.

Well done on a good job.
    Much appreciated man! I'm glad someone sees what i'm trying to do lol, always just trying to stay creative! And i do see what you;re saying, that one shot at 0:21 does kind of throw it off. Oh well, things to keep in mind for next time for sure!

Appreciate the feedback man