Thread: Vegas reverse and slow motion

Default Vegas reverse and slow motion

Can Vegas 4 reverse a clip and or play in slow motion. If so, how?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Right click on the video in the timeline, then select insert/remove velocity envelope, now you can move the bar in the middle up and down to increase/decrease the speed. Move it down far enough and you get a negative figure (i.e reverse)

Just started learning Vegas myself

I just tried this (Vegas 4.0), but I found that when I changed the velocity to -100% for my clip it became static, not reversed, when I previewed it.

Have I missed something?

Default could be your preview settings

it could be your preview settings.

I right clicked the clip then chose "add velicoty envelope"- and it added a horizontal green line in the clip.
    When I dragged the line to the bottom it reversed it.

Is there a way to speed up the reverse? as in make the reverse go really really fast so it looks like you are "rewinding" the video?

I'm also interested in this question and I don't believe it's realy been solved. If you do that in Vegas than I'm not exactly sure what happens but it doesn't exactly reverse the clip. I'm curious to how you could just take one video clip and make it play backwards. Does anybody know the answer?
    Pentium 4 2.4C
    1GB Kingston HyperX PC4000 Dual-Channel
    Abit IS7-G
    2x80GB Western Digital 7200RPM 8MB Cache RAID 0
    ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro
    Sony DVD-ROM
    NEC CD-RW
    NEC 19\" CRT

Blog Entries

Staight from the Vegas help file:

Velocity envelopes are used to change the speed of a video event over time. For example, you could use a velocity envelope to play a clip in slow motion.

This feature is available only in the full version of Vegas.

Each video event in your project has a specific duration that is not changed by velocity envelopes. Therefore, if you decrease the speed of a ten-second video event by 50%, only five seconds of video will be shown. On the other hand, if the speed is increased 200%, the ten seconds of video will play in only five seconds. The remaining five seconds of the event will be filled either with a freeze of the last frame or with ten additional seconds of video content from the media file.

Right-click the video event and choose Insert/Remove Velocity Envelope from the shortcut menu. A velocity envelope is drawn on the event.

Drag the envelope up to increase the playback speed of the event, or drag down to decrease its speed.

Setting a velocity envelope to a negative value will cause the event to play in reverse. Video events can only be reversed if there is media to reverse: an event cannot be reversed past the beginning of a media file. An event that has been reversed will play backwards until it gets to the first frame and will then hold that frame for the duration of the event.

An old thread but as MoJoe said, a topic not fully solved for me.

Perhaps the problem is that Velocity Envelopes" are not a feature of Vegas 4.0? Or perhaps it's a problem with my brain.

When I right-click on a video clip on the timeline, "Add Velocity Envelope" is not one of the options. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Starship Trooper View Post
    An old thread but as MoJoe said, a topic not fully solved for me.

Perhaps the problem is that Velocity Envelopes" are not a feature of Vegas 4.0? Or perhaps it's a problem with my brain.

When I right-click on a video clip on the timeline, "Add Velocity Envelope" is not one of the options. Am I missing something?
    Um for me its Insert/Remove Envelope>Velocity Thats all i know.... I use it for Minecraft Timelapses :P