Thread: Advise for Multi cam editing software - synchronisation

Default Advise for Multi cam editing software - synchronisation

Hi there,

Which software would you recommend for the mixing & editing of several sources (max 4) of video AVCHD en AVI, Youtube (FLV), from music concerts.
    I see on the internet some programmes like Adobe Pro 6 and Magix Pro that they sync the clips based on the "wave" of the attached audio. The cheaper versions of these programmes has less sync tracks (I'm I right?)
    I also see/read about pluraleyes as a plugin.
    Good things are heard of FinalCutPro, but that's a Apple running software and my plastform is Visat32.

But which editing program would you recommend?
    I'm a "prosummer" and investing (300) in software is no problem when it is realy good. Probably I have also to invest in my computer capacity to run everyting smootly.

My platform: VISTA 32
    Intel core 2 Quead CPU Q6600
    2,40 gHZ
    4,0 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD4870

Many thanks in advance

no advise yet?

I don't know the answer.
    But you might find that one of the versions of Sony's "Vegas" may be suitable. Vegas Product Family Overview
    I believe they offer 'free' downloadable demos of their software.
    But, I am not sure about your specific requirement for syncing. Although it is common for such software to display the waveform of the audio part of a clip, syncing must often be done manually; and not semi-automatically (as offered by plugins such as pluraleyes).
    Adobe describe their method (for Premiere CS6) here: Adobe Premiere Pro * Synchronizing audio and video with Merge Clips (CS5.5 and later)

I totally agree with Tim. One thing to note is that Video editing software won't edit .flv files, they will have to be converted first.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

if you want software that syncs automatically, PluralEyes is the only one I'm aware of. I have a friend who swears by it.

Thanks i'm aware of some options in the "PRO" software programmes but was looking for a programme like Pluraleyes with more connections to other editing programmes.
    On my searching path I found also something interesting from MAGIX (pro) which do also sync by wave form. Not always good but a nice start.

i use ppro and the latest version has decent multi-cam synch-- i dont use it myself because i grew up with 16mm film and synchronized "by eye" so this is still the way for me

if i had a do-over i would go with fcp

Many thanks to all above for taking time to come back with your advises and suggestions.