Thread: Make a dedicated controller for Sony Movie Studio

Default Make a dedicated controller for Sony Movie Studio

When I am editing video in Sony Movie Studio I found the most frequently used shortcut keys were scattered seemingly at random around the keyboard. Keys such as Ctrl-L (Auto-ripple) and Ctrl-shift-U (Ignore grouping) are awkward to access especially with one hand. Some of the shortcuts which are provided I dont find particularly useful such as keypad 0 (short loop playback).

One feature of Vegas Pro which is not in Movie Studio is the ability to redefine keys so I wrote this program to redefine just the numeric keypad keys to my most used functions. I can then operate a second USB numeric pad with my left hand while using the mouse with my right hand. The mouse is essential of course - there is no other way to select a clip - but I can now keep it in my hand more of the time.

The program intercepts commands from the keyboard, it does not alter Movie Studio in any way.

Visit Keypad Controller for Movie Studio for more information and the free download.

Let me know what you think. What keys do you find most useful?
    Last edited by Paul E M; 12-17-2012 at 09:47 AM.