Thread: Santacon short film

Wink Santacon short film

Hi,
    Thank you ever so much for all your feedback on my last film, well, here's a new one.
    Today, the streets of Central London were flooded by people dressed up as Santa, hundreds, if not thousands of Santa's were partying around London. So, I followed along with my camera and here was the result.

Any feedback or improvements you could give on my film making would be really beneficial and I would be very grateful

Thank you,
    Chris Brooker
    Got a moment to spare? Check this out
    http://www.youtube.co.uk/ChrisMiBrooker

Very nice Chris.

From the music I would say you filmed in Brazil!!! Nahhh.... the Santas would be almost naked then.... 40 degrees and heavy red coats don´t match well! Now seriously, I would include some better way to identify the city. The pigeons in the beginning looked from Prague, and the ones at the end from Lucern... Maybe a small fading title in the first 10 seconds with "London - 2012" or similar? Great film! Congratulations!!

Blog Entries

Nicely put together. Tony, I suspect Chris did think he was identifying the city with the opening and closing shots of pigeons. To me (and presumably Chris and many other Brits) pigeons are associated with London. But your comment serves as a great reminder that people from other lands do not necessarily make the same associations. A lesson for us all.
    Tim

The pigeons idea was much smoother than Big Ben, Eye, Tower etc... Great! I like these more elegant between-lines aproach too. Not to mention that the title cited London.... But, since we all post movies into international waters like Vimeo and YT (and embeded movies never show our comments made on the original pages), a bit of on-film information turned out to be necessary. I usually end all my films with brand + place + year. And start with something about the film/place too. It seems to me that the title can also be used to build curiosity/expectations. This one I would call: Let´s Samba, Santa!!!!

Ha Ha, I like that title Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Very nice Chris.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Nicely put together. Tony, I suspect Chris did think he was identifying the city with the opening and closing shots of pigeons. To me (and presumably Chris and many other Brits) pigeons are associated with London. But your comment serves as a great reminder that people from other lands do not necessarily make the same associations. A lesson for us all.
    Thank you for your kind words I thought that including pigeons would be a more subtle way to introduce London, but that is a great point, people overseas may not realise pigeons are actually related to London

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    The pigeons idea was much smoother than Big Ben, Eye, Tower etc... Great! I like these more elegant between-lines aproach too. Not to mention that the title cited London.... But, since we all post movies into international waters like Vimeo and YT (and embeded movies never show our comments made on the original pages), a bit of on-film information turned out to be necessary. I usually end all my films with brand + place + year. And start with something about the film/place too. It seems to me that the title can also be used to build curiosity/expectations. This one I would call: Let´s Samba, Santa!!!!
    Thank you ever so much, I shall take note of including information about the film in the conclusion of my films. And oh wow, that's a great title!

Blog Entries

Really enjoyed this.