Thread: Transition show end of clip firstv

Default Transition show end of clip firstv

Hi guys,

I am very new to Sony Vegas and I'm not even sure if it's the right tool for the job, so please forgive me if this is a ridiculous post.

I have trimmed all my clips so I now have the right video that I'm after. What I want to do next is add transitions between them.

I am dragging the next clip over the top of the first clip to get the transition, but when I do that it shows the end of the 2nd clip first and then jolts back to the beginning of the second clip. The transition itself is just what I'm after, but I want the 2 to overlap from the end of the first to the beginning of the second.

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but I am so new to this I can't work it out.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

What transition have you selected ?

It happens on all the transitions, but the one I want to use is disolve.

What I want is a simple cross fade with no black between the 2 clips.

Cross fade is the default but it's possible you have changed the default. You can check and/or change this.

Please supply a Screen Grab of the Events on the Tracks. I think I know what you got there, but to save time=confusion please load a screengrab - yeah?

.. .

Barr,
    you are probably overlooking something simple. If you can't screengrab, check Options / Preferences / Editing > automatically overlap etc. first and then go through the (Show me how) interactive tutorial 'How to add a transition'. You'll find the tutorials under Help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barr View Post
    but when I do that it shows the end of the 2nd clip first and then jolts back to the beginning of the second clip. The transition itself is just what I'm after, but I want the 2 to overlap from the end of the first to the beginning of the second.
    Therin lies the clue.

You've extended the second EVENT to the left beyond the beginning of the second clip. And you have the default behavior of "loop" on.

What happens is this. Say you have a 20 second clip in a 20 second EVENT (the part of a clip on the timeline is an "event"). You then extend the end to the right so that it is 30 seconds. Your clip is only 20 secs, your event is 30 secs. You have loop switched on (the default state) and so after 20 secs the event contains the first 10 secs of teh cip again.

The same principle is at work here. you've extended the event to the left - beond the start, so the event is filled with the final few frames of the clip - ie you get the end of the clip followed by the beginning of the clip.

QED.
    Tim