Thread: Amblyopia

Default Amblyopia

I bet you can spot the 7 errors!

I didn't spot the 7 mistakes as I'm too interested in this subject, my daughter has astigmatism which gives her a lazy eye. She has been wearing glasses since she was a baby.

What is "One Day on Earth" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I didn't spot the 7 mistakes as I'm too interested in this subject, my daughter has astigmatism which gives her a lazy eye. She has been wearing glasses since she was a baby.

What is "One Day on Earth" ?

Hi MB.....

we,ve been around amblyopia for a year now.... Our daughter has a huge myopia in one eye (4.75') - and zero on the other.... So she could see (and read) from distance perfectly with one eye (now we know that!) and never complained about anything. Then one day we noticed that one of her eyes (the myopia one) was getting off-line, I mean, she looked at us with just one eye (the good one) and the other was loosely deviating to the sides... Weird, so we took her to the oftalmo. And our quest began.... She used patches over the good eye + glasses over the myopia one for a LONG time, to force the brain to re-engage on the "bad"eye.... When she started, she had only 20% of vision on it, and the optical nerve was probably being lost (its believed thta if the problem is not corrected until 7 years old, it may last forever). The brain literally shuts down the bad eye!!!

Well, she got a 100% (125% in true!!!) vision this week..... Were so happy with that!!! Was a big fight to make her use the patches for hours every day, at school etc..... But now were glad we fighted and didnt gave-up!!!

--------------

I knew I should post here about the One Day on Earth... I also discovered just a few days ago... Sorry guys, my mistake! One Day on Earth - The World's Story is Yours to Tell

I'm glad your daughter has done really well. My daughter didn't wear a patch because she has trouble with both eyes. She can't focus on things close up. With the glasses she does fine and they keep her eyes straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm glad your daughter has done really well. My daughter didn't wear a patch because she has trouble with both eyes. She can't focus on things close up. With the glasses she does fine and they keep her eyes straight.
    Hope everything runs perfectly for your daughter! Seems we both will be long-time customers of glasses-makers!!!!