Thread: A Day in the Life of a Front Yard

Default A Day in the Life of a Front Yard

We hid a motion-activated Hunter's Cam in a bush in the front yard in an attempt to catch a vandal who has been sabotaging our Christmas lawn display. We have not caught him yet, but reviewing 24 hours of frames inspired this video:

This is what you do when you're home for Christmas, back in the USA, and suffering from primary editing workstation withdrawal.

I hope you catch them Digger. Interesting idea but I hope the camera is well hidden or they might steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I hope you catch them Digger. Interesting idea but I hope the camera is well hidden or they might steal it.
    It is well concealed in a small tree. BTW, to make this video I used that settings trick you showed me concerning how long a still is in length, on the timeline. I set it for 0.25 seconds. But even at that rate the 24 hours worth of stills were too long, over four minutes. So, I rendered all the photos on one pass and made a video file. Then, I imported that file and manually compressed it (Ctrl+drag) down to about a minute-fifty. Rendered again and got it synced to the music.

Forgive my ignorance; but early in the morning it is all b/w. Is that some kind of night filter?
    I liked how the lights going on and off activated the motion detector. I suppose we would never had got to see them if they had only been static lights.
    I thought the image quality was superb; and the whole clip was oddly enjoyable. And I liked amusing appearance of "the end" at the end.

Interesting video. I afraid if MBP proved right chances are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Forgive my ignorance; but early in the morning it is all b/w. Is that some kind of night filter?
    Yes, I think that particular camera has some sort of internal control that switches to B&W and IR under certain lighting conditions, in order to put a priority on image resolution. It has a built-in IR function that will give you a picture of a deer on a moonless night.