Thread: 'Little Star of Bethlehem'

Default 'Little Star of Bethlehem'

Hey everyone, I made a video for a Christmas video competition, and as this was my first classical animation, I thought I'd share it (plus, if you like it, you could vote for it too!).

I don't have too many people to share this with, so if you do want to vote, I'd appreciate it. Here's the voting link:

The Nativity Factor | Watch (mine is the 10th video down from the top)

I'd really appreciate any constructive criticism. I know the character animation isn't the best, but my excuse for that is time constraints and being a first timer at this (plus I don't really 'draw' at all! )

Thank you!

Loved it Matthew.

Blog Entries

Very cute. For someone who can't draw you get superb expression and gestures from a doodled star. Prefect musical accompaniments as well. I'm voting for you. Good luck.
    Tim

Thank you! All the music is from musopen.com. A lot of the tracks by themselves aren't really what you'd use in most videos, but there are parts of many pieces that are very meaningful, and they often mix together really well as they're more or less the same style.

I enjoyed it alot. Lots of nice scenes and 'camera' movements (e.g. the scene at 01:00 and 02:04). I watched it first without the audio; and I found the story and emotions/characters came across very well. The least enjoyable scene was around 01:29; where we see the camels riding away; because the camels' feet are hard to move attractively.

i must say that annimation is not usually my bag, but this is very nice indeed ! nicely paced i thought.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933