Thread: Image resizing and transition problems

Default Image resizing and transition problems

Hey folks, couple of problems here using Premiere 6.5
    Ok, now I've imported an image file but I have no idea what to do. I put it in the timeline and dragged the resize effect over it but don't have a clue how to actually resize it. I also need to put this picture into a title card. Instructions would be sensational.

Also, I have added a transition but need to a title card but need to add another one that shows the same title card plus a different one. It seems there is not space left in my timeline. If you can understand what I mean please help me I'm quite desperate

What size is your still? Is it too narrow, too tall, or just too small?

If I remember rightly, apply the ‘transform’ filter - which gives you options to independently alter width & height. Or just drag the ‘scale’ slider to alter both.

The transform filter is in the ‘distort’ folder in Premiere 6.5.

If your still image looks distorted, you need to click (in the top menu bar) clip > video options > maintain aspect ratio. This will show it at its proper proportions.

Not sure what you mean by a title card.

Ok thanks man, I've resized it but how do I make the background transparent so that it's just the image over the video?

What I mean by title card is that I would like to import the image to the titler if possible, so that I can make it all fade up with one transition with the words aswell.

For the first part, in the effects pallet, under the word ‘motion’ you’ll see ‘transparency’. Just click the setup button, and in the key type list choose either alpha channel, or white alpha matte - I forget which one it is. (Might even be black alpha matte, I don’t use 6.5 now.)

But you’ll see your still image showing over the top of the video track underneath.

For your fade up, you can't take an image to the titler - it's not possible, and there's no need. All you need is to fade up each video track together. Stack your files directly above each other on vid tracks 2 and upward (not track 1). Then apply a fade to each using the transparency rubber bands. They'll all fade up at the same time.