Thread: My first corporate video :)

Default My first corporate video :)

Please watch and let me know your comments
    Last edited by shabinmp; 12-04-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: forgot to embed

Very nice for your first attempt, I liked some of the techniques you used at the start, however I was trying to work out what it was going to be used for, is it a recruitment video or just a general promotion?

also not sure about the jump cut you use at 1.50 it looks like a mistake, the subsequent jump cuts are also unnecessary, also it's too long I was waiting for the voiceover to kick in and tell me something about the company or the people or its methods and it never came.

All in all though I'd give it around 65% and would improve with a voiceover and or a couple of interviews and chop a minute off.

Video Production Services Company UK London

Oh dear, you have left me confused.

What is the target audience for this ? If it's to promote to company to prospective staff then it kind of works. If it's to generally promote the company to customers it doesn't work. Well not in the UK it wouldn't. The only technical issue I had was the lack of any ambient sound made it seem distant and it wasn't pretty enough just to be a pretty video with nice music.

I see you have created a nice narrative piece but I'm not sure what it's for.

Hey,

Thanks a lot to the two of you. It's actually for a German based software company. There was no way I could put a narrative since they didn't want it to be language specific. It's a German company situated in India. So, basically they want to show German people they have a good office here in India. Not to use a narrative and texts was there in their requirement sheet :(

Thanks a lot - Shabin

Narration is a voice over in a video. Narrative is the story told by the video. So, your video had a good narrative but no narration.

I see what your brief was and how the video fits. I think it could benefit from some ambient sound though.

Lol right. I meant to say Narration

Quote Originally Posted by shabinmp View Post
    Hey,

Thanks a lot to the two of you. It's actually for a German based software company. There was no way I could put a narrative since they didn't want it to be language specific. It's a German company situated in India. So, basically they want to show German people they have a good office here in India. Not to use a narrative and texts was there in their requirement sheet :(
    Well then you've fulfilled the brief perfectly, though what I said about the cuts and the length still stand. You should be proud not just of the video but landing the client as that is the hardest thing about video production. Well done.

Video Production Services Company UK London

Thanks Dariv