Thread: Need director for music video

Default Need director for music video

Hello,

we are pop-rock band from Serbia,and we just finished our debut album, and we think that it would be great to cooperate with some gifted director on our first single.

Unfortunately,we cannot offer any money (our project is completely self-funded,no labels or anything), but we can offer a copy of our album, credit on every media, and help with some music in exchange.

Best of all, potential director can choose between 4 songs,and make music video for any of them. In case you are animator, you can animate our video,too, it would be great to hear from you !

Here you can find our songs :
    Ljudi sa strane's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Info : Here on PM, or email to music_mirko@yahoo.com

Thanks !

Blog Entries

Here we go again.

I need a new bathroom installed. Unfortunately i can't pay any money for it as I have not managed to hire my finished bathroom to anyone yet. However, I'll let you wash in it sometimes.

Best of all, I'm undecided about four colour schemes so you get to choose.

I'll post a picture of my new bathroom on Facebook and tell 3 billion people you installed it.

You can find the bathroom suites I'm looking at at: Buy Bathrooms | Bathroom Suites, Sinks and Accessories from Homebase
    Tim

Hello Tim,

Well, I understand your point of view. However, I am not pushing anyone to do it, I just ASKED if someone is willing to do it. I worked on many ocassions for free, and those credits gave me my own showreel, from which I got many payed jobs. On other ocassions, people made me some favours in return, so we were all happy in the end.

So, basically, I don't understand what is wrong with my message - I just ASKED if some is willing to do it for free (and credits ofcourse). If nobody is interested, it's okay !

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljud View Post
    However, I am not pushing anyone to do it, I just ASKED if someone is willing to do it.
    Understood and would be fair comment ... except you've posted it in a section entitled "The Professionals" and sub-section "The Job Market" - "Need editing of filming service?" Then post your job for hire here"
    Tim

Blog Entries

Hi Ijud.

We have a "sticky" about working for nothing and I'll post a part of it here which should explain why this is not suitable for the "Professionals" section of this forum. It also explains what Tim posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    Recently there have been a number of requests for videomakers to help out on projects. A lot of these requests are based on the belief that videographers sit at home, twiddling their thumbs, too dim to think of their own projects. As a result, we jump for joy at the chance to work for nothing.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Firstly, put a bit of effort into your request. If I feel the need to make a music video for free I'm not going to put weeks of effort into a project for someone who doesn't appreciate my skills and thinks that I have nothing better to do.

Let's have a reality check. I have never booked a crew member based on a youtube video, nor have any of the music companies done that (despite their publicity, geared to give them "street cred" with the punters). So, in other words, a youtube video isn't going to start anyone's career and as soon as the band gets enough money to make a decent video, they're going to employ professionals, not some bloke who did a youtube freebie. Likewise, a freebie music video on a CV is a waste of time when it comes to working in "the industry" (God, how I hate that term), it comes in the "hobbies" category and, although it shows that you have an interest in videomaking, it will not help your career in any way.

So, if you come on this forum looking for people to work for you, for nothing. Seduce us.

So, to sum up. We're not against working for nothing per-se but we are against being exploited and treated as mugs.

So, instead of posting this in the "professionals" section, it would have been nice if you had read the "sticky" and posted your request elsewhere, maybe in "just for fun". Assuming that you are a professional band. I am sure you would be insulted if someone asked your band to perform for nothing at a gig which would bring no kudos or future work. If you are not a professional band, then it's a bit insulting to ask a professional videographer to work for nothing for someone's hobby.

Edit: This is nothing personal, welcome to our forum but... It's just that we're getting a bit fed up of being treated as though we should be grateful for any chance to work for nothing.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 12-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Just to add to this, it's very likely you'll find someone to cover the job. When you do, please come bck and ask for the thread to be closed.

As soon as I see the words 'Music Video' I know what's coming next.

Video Production Services Company UK London

Sorry guys,

I didn't read the sticky on forum, and I am sorry about that.

So, I will open new thread on appropriate section, this thread can be closed.

Thanks