Thread: Software to convert double-take .mkv to normal, single pane clip?

Question Software to convert double-take .mkv to normal, single pane clip?

I have a movie in .mkv given to me that for some reason plays as a double-take (sorry, I'm sure there's a correct term I don't know about). See this screenshot to get what I mean Attached file: Double_take.jpg (87 KB)

Is there software I can use to convert the movie back/into a normal single pane format?

What do you expect from a boot leg.

Quote Originally Posted by lime&soda View Post
    I have a movie in .mkv given to me that for some reason plays as a double-take (sorry, I'm sure there's a correct term I don't know about). See this screenshot to get what I mean Attached file: Double_take.jpg (87 KB)

Is there software I can use to convert the movie back/into a normal single pane format?
    This is called half Side by Side (SBS) and it's meant to be displayed on a 3D TV set. I don't understand why you would want to convert it to 2D when can probably find a 2D version of this title the same place where you found this one... and it's going to have a much better resolution (at least x2)...

Quote Originally Posted by mrzee View Post
    This is called half Side by Side (SBS) and it's meant to be displayed on a 3D TV set. I don't understand why you would want to convert it to 2D when can probably find a 2D version of this title the same place where you found this one... and it's going to have a much better resolution (at least x2)...
    Well, for starters I don't have a 3d capable screen to watch it on and/or 3d glasses to watch it with. Which brings me back to the matter at hand...how/can this file be converted?

This might help: The VideoLAN Forums • View topic - [How-to] Watch 3D movies (e.g. mkv half-SBS) in 2D
    I suppose any video conversion application would have an option to filter a video through a crop and resize...

Also, https://www.google.com/search?q=conv...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I hope this helps.