Thread: '60 degrees to the solar system'. video+animation

Default '60 degrees to the solar system'. video+animation

My new attempt at animation and video includes a naked hairy man, spacecraft, a Dalek and a lady playing a 'cello.
    As usual with my clips, viewers should not expect a coherent story (but a tangable explanation appears on the YT page).
    There is no serious attempts at color corection or matching; and the faults with the greencreen/chroma are only due to my various errors.
    I recognise (after watching it 1m times), that some cuts are more jarring than others.
    Even so. Some parts may amuse.
    60 Degree to the Solar System - YouTube

Firstly I liked it. There are a lot of technical faults with it as you pointed out BUT the main thing about it is that it is interesting. So this is an example of content is king. I noticed your are getting a handle on the body movements of your animations, this is much improved over some of your earlier work. I'm not sure I find the hairy baby aesthetically pleasing BUT again it's interesting. I liked the mix of real and animation ALSO I guess one of the main things is that I liked the music. This always helps when viewing a video.

Well done Tim.

Blog Entries

Tim, you have excelled yourself! It captivated me throughout. It's always useful when the audience recognises references and I doubt there are manu who wouldn't recognise them here. Technical errors? I didnt see them - though I'm sure they were there - I was too busy watching.I thought there were one or two spots where the "scale" seemed wrong - Dave in his spacesuit in the room and when he's running. I loved the multiple images of the musicians - especially as they weren''t simply cloned, but different recordings. Like Midnight, I liked the music - which as he correctly says - helps!
    Tim