Thread: How to left-anchor text in Movie Studio Platinum 12

Default How to left-anchor text in Movie Studio Platinum 12

Hi
    Does anyone know if it is possible to not only left-justify text (I see how to do that) but also anchor a text block to the left? By 'anchor' I mean have its origin or insertion point on its left hand side. It appears that titles and text have their anchor in the centre, and this is impractical when copying and editing a multitude of left-justified titles because they jump about all over the place as I change their length.
    Thanks in advance!

The only way I know how to do this is to manually set it up once then copy and paste it. Then replace the text.

scoobie,
    if I understand correctly what you're after, maybe you'd like to save it as a preset (rename as something like Left Default) after you manually set it up (in e.g. default Titles & Text, Location etc.).
    edit:
    better try this in (Legacy) Test, after all...
    Last edited by vkmast; 11-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    scoobie,
    if I understand correctly what you're after, maybe you'd like to save it as a preset (rename as something like Left Default) after you manually set it up (in e.g. default Titles & Text, Location etc.).
    edit:
    better try this in (Legacy) Test, after all...
    Aha... Legacy text provides settings such as bottom left and top right which is the anchoring I'm talking about. Thanks for the suggestion. It's not perfect (I want to get closer than 5% to the edge of the frame) but it'll do me for now.

Basically I want that feature in Titles and Text too. Seems strange that they left it out of their newer feature.

scoobie,
    you can get closer than 5%. Check the Placement options.

Text was an issue with Vegas/Movie Studio and I don't see it really fixed in v12 - but I did think Legacy placements were a bit daft, in the newer text feature you can move the "centre-spot" about so it's nearly the same.
    I think text is quite important issue for Vegas MS to address, esp. as I'd like to edit in full-screen and have all the tools together, rather than spread over several tabs - it's still a game of hide and seek, er, IMHO.
    Why can't I "choose a frame" and then work full-screen on placing the text, with that frame in the background (toggled White/lighter/med/darker/black/colour)..? That would be so much easier.

I like the many animated effects Preset in v12 - but getting the best from them is going to take longer than the Trial will run. Long overdue.