Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: back in black

Default back in black

So I kinda thought I'd go back to this kind of vid, I like doing black vids, it's fun to do, easy to do, it's a great way to experiment because you basically take the background out of the equation so you can focus on playing with the camera, lighting and whatnot. Since I just got my slider rail, I thought it was a great way to see what can be done with this badboy. the thing was of the cheap kind, I wasn't expecting much and I got more than what I was expecting, which doesn't say much. So if you want something that works nicely, smoothly, as close as possible to the genuine film equipment, try something else. But I like the faulty stuff too, so I'm fine with it.

anyway, here's the vid

I really should consider upgrading my fisheye lens at some point but those are so expensive.

I noticed a circle in the centre of the screen which I found very distracting. It looks like some sort of artifact due to something, I thought at first it was my monitor but it's only there on your video. It goes right into the letter boxing, so unless you placed an FX above the black bars on the time line then it must be from the rendering not being able to cope with a smooth gradient contrast ie a low bit-rate pixel sampling from YouTube ? I don't really know but that sounded quite good.

Apart from that, I thought the imagery and the music went well together.

I think this, and your earlier, clips are alot of fun to watch. I felt strangely sad when the yoyo disappears out of the frame (generally the bottom). I was wanting to see what the yoyo was doing - and it was the object I was most often wanting to look at.

Blog Entries

I had to watch again to spot the circle - a lens flare. You're right Midnight, once you spot it, it's distracting.
    But it looked great. Really good - though I do agree with TimA about feeling a little disappointed when the yoyo disppears from view.
    Tim

Don't be sad fellas, it's only a yo-yo.

It can't be a lens flare Tim, because it goes over the black bars (letter boxing)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It can't be a lens flare Tim, because it goes over the black bars (letter boxing)
    Sorry, we're talking at cross-purposes. I'm referring to a small, bright blue spot which appears in one of the angles. I can't see what you describe at all. And I've just watched again, full=screen 720P to check.
    Tim

I guess it must be my monitor as I looked today with a different one and it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I guess it must be my monitor as I looked today with a different one and it's not there.
    I don't see anything either, well there's flare here and there and the samyang fisheye is limited in quality but no circular flarish thing for me

It looks like the type of flare you get when light hits a scratch on the lens in just the wrong way.

The thing I see on this monitor is very different to to lens flare from the lights. It must be because it's a TV screen and the contrast ratio isn't good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast