Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What causes Audio to go out of Sync?

  1. #1

    Default What causes Audio to go out of Sync?

    So this happened to me yesterday when i finished rendering. I thought it was just one problem so i recorded my footage again and bam, as soon as i import it in Premiere, its out of sync in the peview by about a second, same thing if its rendered. the source files all work fine when i play them back on my computer. Seems to work fine in Vegas 9 but that software has given me a ton of problems in the past and Premiere is so much better. Heck i even downgraded my 5.5 for this. I tried uninstalling my 5.5 and reinstalling just 5.0, still got the sync issue. I needed to have this project rendered yesterday so its a big problem. I'm using M2TS files but ive been doing that for the past year without this problem.

    My first thought was a codec problem but the main reason why Vegas is so bad because the only thing they change in updates is the gooey and its stuck with really old codecs and that works fine.
    Last edited by Shockwave.EXE; 11-16-2012 at 08:09 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    What causes Audio to go out of Sync?
    That question is like asking "what is the secret to life, the universe and everything".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Smalltown, Queensland
    Posts
    604

    Default

    I've seen my playback go out of sync, only to find that it was Windows Media Player at fault on playback.

    Reason was because I use 2 monitors, and if I move mouse to the monitor that isn't playing the video, windows media player blips. I had to ensure my mouse stayed on the playback monitor, stop and start the playback etc.

    That may not be your problem, but it also may mean you don't have a problem - ie play it somewhere else to make sure.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I've seen my playback go out of sync, only to find that it was Windows Media Player at fault on playback.

    Reason was because I use 2 monitors, and if I move mouse to the monitor that isn't playing the video, windows media player blips. I had to ensure my mouse stayed on the playback monitor, stop and start the playback etc.

    That may not be your problem, but it also may mean you don't have a problem - ie play it somewhere else to make sure.
    Not the case for me. And i dont have a problem, it plays back everywhere else just fine.

  5. #5

    Default

    After importing the original into Premiere, do the audio and video tracks appear to line up? Do they 'play' in sync whilst in Premiere?
    When playing the rendered output file, does the outofsync remain at 1 second, or does it get worse/better as the file plays?
    Is the delay only apparent in the output file? Have you tested that output file on another computer?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    After importing the original into Premiere, do the audio and video tracks appear to line up? Do they 'play' in sync whilst in Premiere?
    When playing the rendered output file, does the outofsync remain at 1 second, or does it get worse/better as the file plays?
    Is the delay only apparent in the output file? Have you tested that output file on another computer?
    They appear to line up but its always out of sync when i import it in premiere. I say the outofsync stays about the same but cant be 100% sure. Same for the rendered file. It has been tested on another computer. Im not going to bother rendering anymore while its out of sync in the preview.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave.EXE View Post
    They appear to line up but its always out of sync when i import it in premiere
    After importing the clip into Premiere, you can expand the tracks and see the frames and the audio wave. Do it appear to line up at that stage?

    After you have rendered the clip, can you use Premiere to re-import the new clip - then, once again, look at the line up of the video and audio. If, what you say is correct, you should be able to see whether the audio track has moved.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    After importing the clip into Premiere, you can expand the tracks and see the frames and the audio wave. Do it appear to line up at that stage?

    After you have rendered the clip, can you use Premiere to re-import the new clip - then, once again, look at the line up of the video and audio. If, what you say is correct, you should be able to see whether the audio track has moved.
    I think the tracks are expanded by default, no it doesnt line up, as soon as the file is imported, its clearly evident that the audio and video are out of sync. I dont know why only Premiere is doing this
    Last edited by Shockwave.EXE; 11-17-2012 at 06:14 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    I have no idea 'why' it might occur. But, after importing; can you manually move the audio track in Premiere (i.e unlink the video and audio tracks first), so that it syncs with the video.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I have no idea 'why' it might occur. But, after importing; can you manually move the audio track in Premiere (i.e unlink the video and audio tracks first), so that it syncs with the video.
    Yeah i easily synced it but if i have multiple clips, when i did i had about a 1 or 2 second "gap" in the audio between other clips. Sure its just a second but its noticeable.

Similar Threads

  1. Audio out of sync
    By Hobby Mum in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
  2. audio out of sync
    By odroller in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 01:15 AM
  3. Audio not in Sync
    By eiyosus1 in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM
  4. audio sync
    By andrew in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 03:51 PM
  5. video/audio out of sync
    By lodestone in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 04:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •