Thread: Help required Re: Settings in CS4 to capture HDV footage to burn to BluRay DVD

Question Help required Re: Settings in CS4 to capture HDV footage to burn to BluRay DVD

I am a competent Premier Pro 2 user. I have two Canon XH-A1 (miniDV) tape camcorders and since their purchase have always filmed in HD. One recent previously completed project has been requested on BluRay DVD - my first. A photographer friend has the complete CS4 package including Premier and he has promised to loan his (heavy duty) PC whilst on holiday in three weeks time, therefore I am asking for your assistance. The PC has a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-205 BluRay burner. He says he has not used premier CS4 previously therefore cannot help me with the initial settings required in order to capture the footage - also the settings required following editing to burn to BluRay disk. I would appreciate any help as it will be a very tight learning curve for me and your help would be gratefully received. Many thanks in anticipation, John

There must be someone out there who can assist me? Isn't there? John

3. Default

I'm confused, are you wanting to take an existing project and export it to Blueray? Surely that just requires you exporting your HD footage into HD rather than DV? What am I missing?

I may be incorrect, but thought CS4 Premiere relied on external apps, like Adobe Encore to recordings to disk. But, I am not sure CS4 Encore was immediately able to handle Blu-Ray.
    (see Adobe Community: Adobe Media Encoder -> Encore - H.264 Blu-ray).
    However, I am sure Premiere (and or Adobe Media Encoder) can create a file which would be suitable for any other DVD/Blu-Ray creation software.
    There were several patches to CS4; and I recommend checking all the updates have been applied.

Thanks Guitarboy2828 & Tim Andrews for your responses,

Firstly Guitar Boy, I assumed the same but not having had my hands on CS4 (or CS3) I just wanted confirmation.
    Secondly and most importantly, Tim, I also assumed CS4 Encore would be needed to create the the end product to Blu-Ray but would you have any idea how long it takes to get a handle on how to do it? I understand there is an issue that the chapters set up in Premier Pro 2 are not compatible with CS4 so I would have to re-design etc. I only have another week to prepare my plan of action and a limited time to use CS4. I have done quite a lot of research with Adobe Tutors online and they seem very helpful therefore I was just hoping someone who had actually completed this sort of project could assist with pointers (titles) on the process. I could then plod on through it when I receive the PC. Thanks again. John (Ps. hope this makes sense)