Thread: This river no longer exists.

Default This river no longer exists.

Hi guys, been away for a while..... More working than filming, unfortunatelly..... but got some extra time to paddle this river for the last time. Hope you enjoy and, as usual, asking for comments!

Tony

There is more information at the Vimeo page of the video, but here is the main thing: a dam about 200km down from were we started paddling started to fill its lake, Most of what you see on this video will be underwater in a few days/weeks. We started our journey on the same day they closed the dam.
    Last edited by TonyBR; 11-12-2012 at 08:32 PM.

You really have big mosquito's in Brazil.

I normally like you work and this is no exception. Solid camera work (except for the one hand held shot at around 1:35). Nice natural colours. I think this video lacked the narrative of some of your previous work but it's still a good.

Good job.

Hahahaahah..... We were amazed with all those insects too. They were winged thermites. After 6 months of drought, we arrived there during the first rains, right when thermites leave home to conquer the world!!! Huge huge clouds of them all along the river.... amazing!

Precise as usual MBP.... I was getting crazy with that shaking white-umbalanced handheld shot too, so I just took it out from the video! New edition on the same link now. Also included more information about the music that, imagine that, is made by a group that do NOT use electricity!!! Here is what they say at their blog:

"The realization that the darkest days are yet to come inspired us to abandon the use of electricity in our music. We express the anguish of the past, the desperation of the present, and the uncertainty of the future without it. When the world is left in ruin our sound will echo in the empty streets."

Vradiazei

I'm sure they are nice boys but they need to go to Mardi Gras and cheer up a bit.

Blog Entries

If you remove the shot to which Midnight refers, the rest of us can't see it and learn!

Generally very good, but if I'm picky (as I can be) a couple let the film down a bit. The "worst" was the close-up of teh canoeist at around 0:55. You've chopped the top of his head off, then we actually see you re-frame the shot. Even then he is too far to the left of the image (not enough leading space). There is a similar issue with leading space in the shot at 1.41.

Other than that it looks perfect (and I mean perfect) to me. And I loved the music.

Another great job!
    Tim

Youre not picky....that reframing at 0:55 is a scandal!!!! Why do I get so blind while editing???? Thanks a lot for pointing it.... And the leading space at 1:41 is also a good point! Thanks.

Im about to post another video here of the same trip, but Im just opening Vegas for the last time before!!!