Thread: Audio fade out

Default Audio fade out

I'm using a trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements, and pretty sure I will order the full version. I've been looking for an audio fade option, but so far no joy. I want to fade (gently) an audio track from CD which is longer than the segment of video I have.

I searched the forum, but couldn't find the answer, so any help would be gratefully received.

Currently I use Movie Maker 2 to pull the audio in from disk, then trim and fade as needed, then 'make movie' (although it's an audio only file), then import the trimmed and faded clip to APE.

Must be a quicker way, though.

Thanks

Rab

Its not difficult.

Set the pointer over the yellow bar in the volume clip.

Move the pointer to the start of the clip and CTRL click the yellow line. (You have set a keyframe)

Now move the pointer to a second or two into the clip (or where ever you wan tthe volume to be normal)

Now move the pointer over the first keyframe and drag the frame down to the bottom of the clip (or until the info box reads 0 (zero) decibels).

Simple as that.

Enjoy

Good package incidentally!
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Oops, just realised I described the process for a Fade-In. But hey just do the key frames at the other end of the clip etc etc ....

Alternatively just drag the 'Crossfade' audio transition over adjoining audio clips (Fade-out to Fade-in)

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.