Thread: 5 Week Time Lapse

Default 5 Week Time Lapse

I've been asked by a friend to record a time lapse for an office refurbishment from start to finish for the company he works for. The refurb will take 5 weeks so the camera will be set up in the same position for the entire time, but it will only be capturing for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

The problem is, I have no idea what to charge for this, or even what the going rate would be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So Paulo - Brazil

If you work professionally with video production, follow your table and apply a friends discount. If not (like me), charging friends is always a problem.... To me at least. So here is what I do/say.

1) Im not a professional, so Ill learn from this job - no compromises from both sides then.

2) the COST of the work is $ xxxxx. I tell my friend this number and say that this is what I need from him to cover my cost. Of course I specify every expense to get to this number, from gasoline + parking to whatever I really spend (of course my time is not included as expense, as Im learning...) Just what I actually take money from my pocket to pay.

3) And I tell him that, IF he likes the final result, then any extra money above the cost will be welcome, to buy more equipment for example.

This puts him in a "situation", but friends talk about this all with easy.... usually!!