Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Secret

Blog Entries

Default Top Secret

A quickly made short based on an idea that I found amusing. Made iwth family and witha seasonal flavour. This won the one minute comp at Staines Video Makers last night.

I don't really like films which rely on one gag. I'm also a firm believer that spoofs should be made with believeable actors playing it straight, on a believable set.

But what else is wrong with it?

Tim

Blog Entries

Loved that you got the family involved. Great idea. Just the right length. Made me snigger.

[the framing of the three agents was a bit wierd]

Nice one Tim. Made me laugh.

4. Default

This made me laugh! It's really well done, congrats!

I agree with Marc, the framing of the three agents was strange, specially when you zoomed in agent X and agent Z.

Besides that, hilarious, and agent Z is a natural, ahah.

Blog Entries

Thanks Guys,

Framing - hah!
    The zoomed in shots on Agents X and Y were the result of the tripod being balanced on a setee which was hard up against the wall (no room to move it). If I got behind the camera to line up the shot, obviously my weight would move the tripod. As I was in shot this just added to the guesswork.
    The three-shot - no excuses and I've no idea why I framed it like that. I think I was concentrating so much on ensuring other items of household furniture weren't in frame. Eye level or looking upwards would have been better, but a high shot looking down, like a security camera (especially if graded as such) might have been better still.

Agent Z is my leading lady. I am taking full advantage of her before she becomes an unhelpful teen.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-11-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typos
    Tim

Hi Tim
    Loved the scrolling text and below head shots of (m) type character to give the right look ....
    Love your stuff and this in no exception......
    I didn't mind the zoomed in shot mistake you mentioned as that is above my head just liked watching the content.

Yes agent Z stole it but that was the intention I know.

It will be sad when all this will seem silly or embarrassing for a short time during teendom but once passed I think your leading lady will look back on all these videos you have done with great pride and happiness.

Good job Team stannard.

That was great Tim.

I tried really hard to find 'what else is wrong', and the best I could do was 'spot the difference' at 0.11s and 0.17s, but that's picky!

I'm listening on mono atm, but found the sound tinny, and the opening sound nearly blew me out my chair lol, the chiefs speech was maybe too quick, boss guys tend to have slower and lower voices?

Best I can do mate - it's great stuff - I loved the 'agent owenge'

Really nice agent X!!! Hope Z will follow your steps....

made me laugh... like the one minute film concept ... might suggest something similar to our club.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

nice one -- could be the start of a series

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast