Thread: [Vegas Pro 11 64 bit] Video crossfading causes static

1. Default [Vegas Pro 11 64 bit] Video crossfading causes static

I'm having an issue with Vegas 11 where when I crossfade video tracks it causes very unsightly static artifacts like the ones seen in this video: Sony vegas movie studio HD 11 Problem ?? Crossfade static breakup - YouTube (not mine but the exact same problem) It's not a ram issue as I have 4 GB dedicated to Vegas Dynamic RAM preview over the default 200MB and it probably wouldn't show up in render if it was a ram issue.

The video is 1920x1080 30p* fraps files. They are quite large but I've never had this issue with fraps recordings before. The issue doesn't seem to stay in the same place from what I've noticed. I can play the movie, see the issue, then seek back to the same spot and it wont be there anymore. I wouldn't care except it does bake into the movie when I render it so that's obviously a big issue. My videos use lots of clips cut together so I can't have all of my crossfades turning into noise and static when I render.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried bumping the ram allocation up a bit more but no dice (I have 24 GB system ram).

Thanks in advance guys!

Have you got the latest update that was posted recently

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Have you got the latest update that was posted recently

Thought I was up to date, I'll grab it and see if it helps.

4. Default

Updating Vegas did not fix it. Any other ideas?

Here's a screenshot if it can help in any way. This is a huge problem that I can't seem to get to the bottom of...

http://img.techpowerup.org/121108/vg1.jpg It's huge, sorry.
    Last edited by Glockshna; 11-08-2012 at 05:44 AM.

There is a PS on the Youtube OP's text - maybe you didn't see it?

PS i figured out how to work around it, whatever you are working on click on "save as" to save your work, shut down vegas & re-start & when vegas is running again click on "file" "open" & for some strange reason the crossfade works ok !!

6. Default

I saw it but was hoping there was an easier way. For such an expensive program it shouldn't have that kind of glitch. I'm likely going to move away from Vegas though, after updating to build 701 it crashes CONSTANTLY. I rarely am able to go 10 minutes without a crash anymore. Maybe Adobe Premiere will work better for me.

Thanks for the help guys.

Could be the file it is not happy with, is it OK with other types of files?

Obviously your PC is at fault, it can't be the software. What type of PC is it?

Do you have decent graphic card, are the drivers updated? Does Sony website have known problems with your card?

Glockshna,
    did you try lowering the DRP to the default 200 MB (or less)?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Obviously your PC is at fault, it can't be the software. What type of PC is it?

Do you have decent graphic card, are the drivers updated? Does Sony website have known problems with your card?
    EVGA X58 SLI-3 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 950 Bloomfield @ 3.06 Ghz
    24 GB G.Skill ram DDR3 1600
    EVGA Classified GTX 590

No, my computer is fine. I switched to Premiere and haven't had a problem since. Talked to some friends and they all had the same problems with Vegas.