Thread: Mentioning specific products - help needed.

Default Mentioning specific products - help needed.

I'm working on a script for a web series, and a few of the jokes revolve around video games. What are the laws regarding mentioning specific tiles, eg: Baldur's Gate? Are we in danger of getting sued if we mention them in non-derogatory fashion? Would it count as product placement?

Firstly I'm not a lawyer so take my advice with a pinch of salt. I think your ok mentioning a product, don't we live in a world of free speech. So long as you're not being slanderous I think you'll be fine. In fact they should pay you for the free publicity.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sweevo View Post
    I'm working on a script for a web series, and a few of the jokes revolve around video games. What are the laws regarding mentioning specific tiles, eg: Baldur's Gate? Are we in danger of getting sued if we mention them in non-derogatory fashion? Would it count as product placement?
    Hi, I do not think the issue is mentioning actual products. It would have - possibly - an issue if in the future with advertising. That maybe a good thing as gaming adverts may appear. Or a bad thing as the hosting/streaming service may have polices on mentioning products by name as it may run counter to any contracts held with advertisers.

wedding videography