Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas 12 unable to unlink video and audio

Default Vegas 12 unable to unlink video and audio

Hey,

i'm new to vegas pro and for some reason I'm unable to unlink the video and audio from a clip. I was told all I need to do is press the "u" key but that doesn't seem to work. Also when I right click "remove from group" is unclickable (not bold). I'm not sure what the problem is, am I doing something wrong? I also notice when adding other audio or text it deletes everything else in that time frame and I don't know why is there a setting I need to turn off somewhere?

I'd really appreciate any help

Thanks

Blog Entries

Are you right-clicking on the event you wish to ungroup when you look for "remove from group"? Do you have the event selected when you click "U"?
    Sorry to ask a dumb question, but what makes you think they are linked? If you are simply dragging them left and right abd you have "auto ripple" switched on, this can create similar behaviour to linked audio/video (ie they will move together). If you're sure auto ripple is off - how did yo obtain Vegas?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by kg13 View Post
    Listen to Tim.

What you can ALSO do and give yourself a major fun time, is to access the FREE Tutorials that came with Vegas. You'll find them under the Toolbar >> Help. Follow those, and if you are still stumped by anything do come back here and asked.

... ... ... .

Thanks guys

I'm not sure what was the problem before but It seems to be working now. I'm actually a music composer, i know nothing about video editing but this new job is requiring me to learn some so i apologize for the stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by kg13 View Post
    Hey,

i'm new to vegas pro and for some reason I'm unable to unlink the video and audio from a clip. I was told all I need to do is press the "u" key but that doesn't seem to work. Also when I right click "remove from group" is unclickable (not bold). I'm not sure what the problem is, am I doing something wrong? I also notice when adding other audio or text it deletes everything else in that time frame and I don't know why is there a setting I need to turn off somewhere?

Thanks
    Hi I am new here and I have the same problem with Sony 11 pro, I click on the selected tracks and have done the sony search, cant find anything can anyone help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by lordbarby View Post
    ..... I have the same problem with Sony 11 pro, I click on the selected tracks ...
    Do you mean the Event on the Track OR the Track itself? If you click on the Track nothing will happen.

.. .

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Do you mean the Event on the Track OR the Track itself? If you click on the Track nothing will happen.

.. .
    The You tube vids and other tutorial say select the track. Forgive my ignorance what is the Event. Can some one give and idiots guide on how to do this please?

Here is a typical You Tube tutorial, which I follow, without success.

Thank you

lord,
    for more than an idiot's guide see what Grazie tells here in post #3.
    For the explanation of an event see the tutorial 'An Overview of Vegas Pro', step 2.
    Last edited by vkmast; 12-16-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbarby View Post
    The You tube vids and other tutorial say select the track. Forgive my ignorance what is the Event. Can some one give and idiots guide on how to do this please?
    I'm continually surprised at myself that I AM continually surprised at the misinformation about the naming of parts of the Vegas Workspace. When I shouldn't be.

Without doubt this is the single most frustrating result of new Users coming here, having been badly advised/directed on just what means what by badly worded YouTube videos. It wastes time (here); breaks the rhythm of acquiring knowledge for the new User; supports the view of "well anything can go" - when it can't - and thinly disguised by saying: In Vegas there isn't ONE way of doing something . . . . : Well, Folks, here's the Front Page News, the one thing that IS set in stone are the terms that are used to describe just what is what in Vegas.

Simply put: When Media is dragged to a Track in the Timeline Workspace it is called an Event.

What others call it in YT is misleading. If you want to give yourself the best way forward do watch the official SONY Video Tutorials - after all, you've PAID for them, so watch 'em. So, in this instance quoting YT at me isn't correct, go watch those official SONY videos. And, if in future you want to correct anybody go back to the YT Tutorial and put them right.

... .

Sorry back again seen all the Sony tutorials and pressed and depressed ignore group button, so what am I doing wrong on which a a very simple process?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast