Thread: Serious problem with Transitions in Premier. Please help!!

Default Serious problem with Transitions in Premier. Please help!!

Whenever i preview or render a transition in premier all i get is a black screen. Also, certain transitions that used to work okay, now wont even drag into the timeline. Effects and titles are still working, it only seems to be transitions that are affected. Is it a setting i have or is it an error with the program?

I have the same problem except I get it BEFORE even applying any transitions! I play the sequence but the screen remains black. I have checked to see whether it was temporary but even exporting as a movie the movie comes out as... a black screen :(

Somebody pleeeease help us wobegotten noobs :o

Black screen render may be caused by a wrong codec, try using a different codec and test again. About the transitions you should consider reinstalling premiere.

Yeh I found the problem for me - it was to do with codecs , but not in a way I could figure out at all. Premiere WOULD play the clips so I could see them in isolation but once submitted into the sequence they became and stayed black regardless of rednering or anything!

The cure was to recode the snippets into another codec (I actually used DivX 5.02) and then resubmitted them to the sequence and finally they worked ok!

Hope that helps others as I know it can be very frustrating given how much time video creation can take even when things DO work right! :z