Thread: Render Issue

Default Render Issue

Hi there,

Seeking advice on the internet is not usually within my nature, but I really am confused using this software. I have tried rendering myself and I have tried reading similar experiences on the internet but it hasn't helped with what I want to do.

I have been recording gameplay with the recording software Bandicam with the settings 1920 x 1080, MPEG-1/AVI, VBR ticked, quality 100. They are just the format settings on the software I use to record the gameplay on the games I like. I usually just upload these to the internet as a raw file. No edits, straight from the recording software. The quality is great and the file sizes are small.

Recently though I have tried putting videos together. So instead of recording bits of gameplay and then uploading the file to Youtube I have been recording bits of gameplay and then tried to put them together on Sony Vegas with titles inbetween each scene. That is all done. I have saved the project. What I am having trouble with though is the rendering.

Project says 1920 x 1080 x 32 @ 59.940p. The preview is at the same as the project. This automatically came up as this is what the videos I recorded used. I previewed the video in it's best quality and it was great, the titles give the video that added touch and made it easier for people to know which bit of gameplay is from what.

I then came to rendering. Render as, and that's where I come unstuck. There are so many options. All I wanted was to be able to render the file at the exact same size, format AVI and the same settings as they were originally. The quality is brilliant as it is and not laggy. No option for that though. I have tried to render twice and ended up with two 100 + GB files when the file complete was only 5 GB. Titles wouldn't make much of a difference. So I would like to know how I can keep the same quality as it is and the same size as it is please? Rendering a 100 GB + file and it being choppy every 2 seconds is not what I wanted.

I just need some help with this as rendering can take upto an hour and the settings just seem to be completely wrong. I just want the video to be as it was using the Bandicam software but with the added titles from Sony Vegas. I didn't expect it to be so difficult.

Thanks in advance.

Choose the "Save as type" Sony AVC Mpeg4 and use the template Internet HD 16:9 with the same frame rate as your video. Then click on the custom button. At the top of the video tab you will see an option to change the frame size. Change it to 1920 x 1080. Now click ok.

This should give you a reasonable video with a reasonable file size that will play smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Choose the "Save as type" Sony AVC Mpeg4 and use the template Internet HD 16:9 with the same frame rate as your video. Then click on the custom button. At the top of the video tab you will see an option to change the frame size. Change it to 1920 x 1080. Now click ok.

This should give you a reasonable video with a reasonable file size that will play smoothly.
    Thanks for the reply.

Save as only gives me an option to a directory, a file name and a save as type only lets me choose Vegas Pro Project File (*.veg). How do I do what you said on Vegas Pro 12.0?

Sorry I should have been clearer. Click on Render As, then select the Save as type when the render as option box comes up.