Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boy

Default New Boy

I've just started using Movie Studio 9 and am most impressed (now that I'm beginning to get my head around it !).

Would welcome any advice on making the experience better still.

Use the tutorials and the extensive help available in the program. It will save you a lot of time. If you really get stuck with a specific problem there is a lot of help available on here.

Ditto MB.

Have fun! - It's a terrific package you've got there.

... ...

Thanks, you're right, this is brilliant stuff.

My site has plenty of tips, training also available

Thanks, looks good.

London, England

Hi, Welcome . . .
    All good stuff, but I wonder that you shouldn't be using a more-recent "Studio" version? . . . beyond v10 Sony included 1080p . . v10 was 1080i.
    Not sure what standards v9 accepted, but Op is learning with software that's at least 2-years old.
    v12 also claims it has better routines as well as support for (Win7) 64-bit OS and a few Graphics cards are able to speed-up rendering....these features are probably of little use in early-learning (of VS), but I'd suggest that v11 Production Suite is something OP should aim for ASAP...the Additional SoundForge software certainly is a fav of mine for fixing Audio.
    Do other Posters agree?

Thanks VM, I probably will move on later. I initially started when I found some old Vid 8 tapes and a previous Sony Handicam. I copied the tapes to DVD via a Liteon for TV viewing. Realising how "bitty" (?) they were I thought I'd tweak them up a little. The present Studio was had on eBay for a try-out by me ( 15 new ), have since got enthusiastic and more ambitious. I do feel Studio is OK for me at the moment, I've already got Soundforge. Who knows ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast