Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas 11 Effects

1. Default Sony Vegas 11 Effects

Hey, at the moment i have nearly finished a video i am making. In the final process of polishing it up, a lot of videos seem to have tints on them (im not really sure how you call it) such as this video .

As you can see he has a lot of tints in bits of his videos which make it look really nice, anyone know how you can do that on Vegas 11? Also what aspect is he using?

Also if you have a bunch of clips do you think its looks nicer with clips fading in and out or just nothing or another effect if so say which please

Thanks

It all works rather well, and I aint even a Gooner!

FXing is Posterizing and you'd want to be able to flatten AND oversat the footage. You'd also need a Flare type FX to do the sideways striping. I saw some TV damage type stuff and some High Black contrasty stuff too. I like the fgades in and out - gives dynamic drama with the music. Nice.

In VP11? Using the standard FX sets? Tough call. I "cut-my-teeth" on many sets of FXs for Vegas. Spent many many hours developing my range of cooked-up goodies. I've used downloaded FXs presets and for the past 2 years now use GenArts "Monsters" + Sapphire Edge, Magic Bullet and NewBlue as my go-to FXing sets.

. . . . ... . . . .

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    It all works rather well, and I aint even a Gooner!

FXing is Posterizing and you'd want to be able to flatten AND oversat the footage. You'd also need a Flare type FX to do the sideways striping. I saw some TV damage type stuff and some High Black contrasty stuff too. I like the fgades in and out - gives dynamic drama with the music. Nice.

In VP11? Using the standard FX sets? Tough call. I "cut-my-teeth" on many sets of FXs for Vegas. Spent many many hours developing my range of cooked-up goodies. I've used downloaded FXs presets and for the past 2 years now use GenArts "Monsters" + Sapphire Edge, Magic Bullet and NewBlue as my go-to FXing sets.

. . . . ... . . . .
    Can you put that into simple terms please lol? I am not that great with Vegas.

Also do you know which aspect he is using so that there are horizontal black bars on the top and bottom for his clips because in some of my clips it has the play button and bar saying how much is left of the video and i want to cut it out, how could i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyGooner View Post
    Can you put that into simple terms please lol? I am not that great with Vegas.
    There's the problem. You've picked on a majorly clever and well crafted piece. It may not appear like that, but believe me, the person or PERSONS responsible for that are highly talented, both in the technology and the artistry to push something like this out of the door. It has been a collaboration of skills and ideas. You come along and say, quite rightly, "I wanna do it too!", sure, I understand that, but first you need to take some time learning the basics. In my opinion you are at the start of a long and exciting road. I hope that that is acceptable and it is as simple as I can make it.

Also do you know which aspect he is using so that there are horizontal black bars on the top and bottom for his clips because in some of my clips it has the play button and bar saying how much is left of the video and i want to cut it out, how could i do that
    My guess is that the footage was re-compiled/formatted on a 4:3 slate allowing for the 16:9 to play in between. But others here will another view. What it was, this "letterbox" effect, is useful to produce the UPPER and LOWER black graphic.

SG, you've much to learn and experience in this Craft, 'cos Craft it is. Take your time and don't loose your wonderment of what can be achieved. My feedback to you is that you are "Stoked" by what you are watching. Good for you! Keep that burning, and I will keep "Goonering" for you . . . .

. ... ... ..... . . ..

On second thoughts, the aspect ratio is NOT 16:9 on a 4:3 slate, but filmed in some none 16:9 format OR cropped 16:9 by the use of simple UPPER and LOWER Black Graphic overlays.

. . .. .. . .
    Last edited by Grazie; 10-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    There's the problem. You've picked on a majorly clever and well crafted piece. It may not appear like that, but believe me, the person or PERSONS responsible for that are highly talented, both in the technology and the artistry to push something like this out of the door. It has been a collaboration of skills and ideas. You come along and say, quite rightly, "I wanna do it too!", sure, I understand that, but first you need to take some time learning the basics. In my opinion you are at the start of a long and exciting road. I hope that that is acceptable and it is as simple as I can make it.

My guess is that the footage was re-compiled/formatted on a 4:3 slate allowing for the 16:9 to play in between. But others here will another view. What it was, this "letterbox" effect, is useful to produce the UPPER and LOWER black graphic.

SG, you've much to learn and experience in this Craft, 'cos Craft it is. Take your time and don't loose your wonderment of what can be achieved. My feedback to you is that you are "Stoked" by what you are watching. Good for you! Keep that burning, and I will keep "Goonering" for you . . . .

. ... ... ..... . . ..
    Ok that one effect he keeps using at for example 0.29? What is it?

Yes imo he is the best youtube football compilation person. How should i fade my tracks, any specific fades, how long or nothing at all for football clips?

Gooner,
    Try to get Grazie's drift to get the craft?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Gooner,
    Try to get Grazie's drift to get the craft?
    At 0.29 what FX is that?

And im not sure what you mean by craft? Do you mean just to keep working at it?

Blog Entries

Ok that one effect he keeps using at for example 0.29? What is it?
    You're probably going to struggle with that one using only Vegas.
    How should i fade my tracks, any specific fades, how long or nothing at all for football clips?
    Here's where to start. Do you know how to fade tracks in Vegas - if not, run through the interactive tutorials, under help. (You'd be foolish not to do that anyway)
    Now sling a music track and some video events on the timeline.
    Listen to the music and see what clips work with what.
    Deceide where you want to fade from one to another.
    Experiment with different lengths of fade & different types.
    See what works and what doesn't work for you. Try to analyse this.

This is all part of learning the craft and it will help you understand what you're doing and build your own unique style.

I'm sure Grazie or vkmast or any number of people could say "fade out over 9 frames with a fade envelope type of "fast" ", but that will just tell you how they might edit a particular sequence. In which case you might as well get them to edit it in the first place.
    Tim

10. Default

Anyone know any good effects i good use in my video, i have sony vegas 11?
    Last edited by StokeyGooner; 10-27-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast