Thread: Adobe Premier Elements

Default Adobe Premier Elements

I have a Sony DVD201E digital camera and I have recently bought Adobe Premier Elements. My problem is ..I cant' import the raw material from the mini DVD discs into Elements for editing. I keep getting an error message and it shuts down. What is the best way of importing the data into Elements? Help,help,help ANYBODY

Thanks. :cry:

These cameras are not ideal for home editing. What kind of cable are you using to transfer? And does your handbook recommend copying the whole disc to your PC first?

Have a look at Marc's camcorder reviews on this thread:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/guide-D...corders-52.htm

Is there potentially an issue here - and this is a real guess - that the DVDs created by these camcorders are, for want of a better expression, 'set top DVD player ready' - so is what's going on here what would happen if you tried to import a commercial DVD into Premiere? Do you have to 'deconstruct' (can't think of the right term) what's on the DVD to native .mpg or .avi files? Like I said, just a guess.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

A friend's Sony DVD91E has audio, composite & S-video out, so I'm guessing bluesboy's cam is similar. The DVD91E user was told he could transfer video to a PC using these outputs - but we all know this isn't generally true.

An intermediate stage is needed. I captured the clips from his disc using my rtx100.

But what a complication - seems like the cam converts its digital footage to analogue, from which an analogue-to-digital conversion is needed before it can edited on a PC. I posted my confusion about this at:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3176

Also, straight from the camera, the DVD91E's disc isn't playable - either on a PC or a standalone. We assumed from the handbook it needs to be 'finalized' before it's playable.

Without 'finalizing', the disc can be erased and reused.

Sorry, but as he said, MPEG2 from your video dvd camera is not supposed to be edited. If I'm not mistaken, Adobe Elements is not able to re-edit MPEG2.

Under Premiere PRO formally it's not possible, but If you buy a MainConcept MPEG2 Plugin, you'll be allowed to do this.
    Abit IC7 - P4 3.2C - 1GB RAM - RAID 0 2x80 GB Seagate HD - Matrox RTX100 - LG T910B 19\'

Default Sony DVD201E and Premier Elements

The cable that comes with the camera is a USB cable but I have been told that Elements cant' import data using this type of cable. It has to be firewire. The strange thing is that... using Nero Vision Express I imported the information direct from the mini DVD disc and have edited and burned DVD's which have turned really good.The problem is that Vision Express is a very basic program. Also....once I have riped the info from the disc I exported it as an AVI file to my documents and then imported it into Elements. The problem is... on the timeline I have sound but no picture.
    Anybody know why????

Thanks.