Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first attempt at a music video

Smile My first attempt at a music video

I am a high school student in Markham, Ontario. I have a assignment due next week where we have to do a music video. This is my first time making a video of this type. Please note that i din not shoot this horrible footage, my role was only to edit this horrible footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyO...s&feature=plcp

Because i still have the project file, I can still change things before i submit it. Things like cuts, color and effects can still be changed. So, what should I do before i submit the video? I have Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects at my disposal.

Any feedback would be nice

I don't what you could do with this footage. It seems like an age appropriate result. I couldn't bring myself to watch more than a minute of it BUT that's more to do with me than the video.

3. Default

Well, I'm not sure if because I don't understand the language of the song the video doesn't make sense. But, as with Midnight, I couldn't watch more than a minute of it. It make no sense and seemed like random shots put together of teenagers doing random stupid stuff. It may make sense tied in with the lyrics, as I don't understand the lyrics, I can only assume that is why it doesn't make sense to me.

The actual colours seemed very saturated to me. Did you bump up the saturation in post? If so I'd say there was no need to do that unless you wanted that effect.

I watched it all. I did not like the light flaring effects (I don't know what it's called, perhaps 'lens flare'). Most the time, these light beams seems to unnatural and intrusive. Using that effect might retract a viewer from the awfulness of the rest of the scenes; but I thought it added a new, even lower level, to the rubbish. I am not an expert in these things, but I feel that some more thought ought to be given to how and where the effect is used. Given the other lighting effects available in AE, I was surprised you had not created something more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarboy2828 View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if because I don't understand the language of the song the video doesn't make sense. But, as with Midnight, I couldn't watch more than a minute of it. It make no sense and seemed like random shots put together of teenagers doing random stupid stuff. It may make sense tied in with the lyrics, as I don't understand the lyrics, I can only assume that is why it doesn't make sense to me. The actual colours seemed very saturated to me. Did you bump up the saturation in post? If so I'd say there was no need to do that unless you wanted that effect.
    Is not sopposed to make much sense. Is not a serious video, and like most other gangnam parodies the scenes are satertical Remakes to the origonal gangnam video.and yes, the colors are saturatedsimilar to the originalSorry about the typing, hard to spell on a small phone

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I watched it all. I did not like the light flaring effects (I don't know what it's called, perhaps 'lens flare'). Most the time, these light beams seems to unnatural and intrusive. Using that effect might retract a viewer from the awfulness of the rest of the scenes; but I thought it added a new, even lower level, to the rubbish. I am not an expert in these things, but I feel that some more thought ought to be given to how and where the effect is used. Given the other lighting effects available in AE, I was surprised you had not created something more attractive.
    Yes, I see what you mean about the lens glares. I agree it was overdone, but luckily I still have t t he after effect file. I'll try to tone it down. I haven't explore after effects too much, so maybe there's better looking glares out there. Notheless, thank you for your feedback Also, don't mind thespelling. I'm typing this on. Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't what you could do with this footage. It seems like an age appropriate result. I couldn't bring myself to watch more than a minute of it BUT that's more to do with me than the video.
    I'm sorry you did not enjoy the video. I have better ideas for next time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    My kids tell me I am out of touch. I possibly am!
    Yet even the supposedly out of touch kids are in on it..

(sorry, for some reason i can't embed at the moment)

( HD ) Eton Style (Gangnam Style Parody) - (

Not a bad video, but the lyrics are great.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't what you could do with this footage.
    I think you could probably layer some digital corruption effects similar to the one JJ Abrams used in the trailer for Cloverfield II (the airplane one -- just check it out on YouTube). Personally I prefer analog corruption effects myself (snow, horizontal and vertical hold) but it's up to you.

I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that Midnight is suggesting your footage should have been filmed in 0 lux.
    Last edited by zamiotana; 10-25-2012 at 09:37 PM.

DOnt be so hard on yourself man, it wasnt bad at all. Just keep working on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast