Thread: No video or audio after rendering. Just a black screen. (Movie Studio Platinum 12)

Default No video or audio after rendering. Just a black screen. (Movie Studio Platinum 12)

Hi, first post here, or anywhere about this kind of thing. I'm very new with all the video editing right, so don't really know what all to put in this post.

Anyways, I just finished up my first video, and when I went to render it, I got nothing but a black screen. I've tried rendering it as QuickTime and Windows Media Video. I can see everything fine in the preview and in the timeline. No idea what other info would be helpful to know, so let me know. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Did you make a Timeline Selection of the area containing video before rendering?

. . . . . .

Hi BlakeB,
    - this is the place to find out - but first maybe tell us if you've used VS before successfully (even on another PC),,,These things can be tricky - and Settings are often to blame - VS tries to give us all the Options anyone could want - but "more choice" is potentially more risk.

In general it's best to Edit with the same properties as the incoming media - I think my v10 defaults to this. Also you need to know where the Render is going - and you need some software to play it back. WMP does a passable job, but don't expect perfection (esp. sound-sync) unless yr PC is "powerful" which means a min. of Quad-core.

It might help to give us more details of the Input video and the PC Spec. + OS etc.

Not sure why Gracie wants to know that Info, but can you say how long the Project is - and how long the Render took - and the settings . . . . these will come up after you click "Make movie" and you can preset them if you choose "File/New" I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Not sure why Gracie wants to know that Info, but can you say how long the Project is - and how long the Render took - and the settings . . . . these will come up after you click "Make movie" and you can preset them if you choose "File/New" I think.
    Presumably GraZie (watch out, I once made the mistake of mistyping it Garzie) wants to check that the OP hasn't (unintentionally) made a selection on an area of the timeline which doesn't contain video and selected "render selection only".
    Tim

Tim gets the much treasured BAZInga! Exactly so Tim.

... .. .