Thread: Beautiful English Countryside - Glidecam HD1000

Default Beautiful English Countryside - Glidecam HD1000

Hey guys

I shot this one weekend as cinematography and glidecam practice. Let me know what you think

I normally like this type of video BUT this for me is too frantic. The cuts are too fast and there is too much movement (I understand it was Glidecam practice). For a video like this slow down the movement You could do this simply in post.

That's an interesting thought. I never thought it'd be too fast. If anything I severely hacked at the shots to cut down the video,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctbullet View Post
    That's an interesting thought. I never thought it'd be too fast. If anything I severely hacked at the shots to cut down the video,
    I agree with Midnight, I'm afraid. The fairly fast paced cuts you use for your comedies are bang on for that, but for this sort of thing, not!
    It's funny, when we start off we tend not to cut nearly often enough, then we learn a bit more about telling stories by using edits to direct viewers' attention and cut much quicker. Only once we are very good do we learn when to leave shots to beathe. Midnight's good at it. I don't know if I am as my camera skills aren't up to taking shots worthy of more than 2 secs screen time.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ctbullet View Post
    Just use less shots to slow the pace down and add some slow mo to slow the tracking speed.