Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Ikaros Daughter" 2,5min short film from Sweden

1. Default "Ikaros Daughter" 2,5min short film from Sweden

I recently finished my first short film (Zero budget) and it would be fun to get some feedback.
    Even though its my first film I have put a lot of time and effort into it and I hope you will enjoy it.

Don't worry about it being Swedish, there is no dialog so it's all good

If you like it, feel free to give it a vote with the stars under the video.

Link to film
    Nikon Filmfestival - IKAROS-DOTTER

2. Default

super nice work compliment

3. Default

I appreciate it !

I thought the film was of excellent quality and the performance of the little girl was perfect.

I think the film would be even better with some dialogue, even if it was in Swedish and nobody could understand it.

I'd also ditch the music. If I were you, I would delete any music files that you own just to be sure they don't accidentally get included in future productions.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I thought the film was of excellent quality and the performance of the little girl was perfect.

I think the film would be even better with some dialogue, even if it was in Swedish and nobody could understand it.

I'd also ditch the music. If I were you, I would delete any music files that you own just to be sure they don't accidentally get included in future productions.
    Thanks for feedback! I will keep that in mind for any future work.

You did a great job with this. I really like the idea of the end flying shot.

Well done.

with respect to zamiotana I completely disagreee. As an essentially silent movie, with music overlay, it is excellent.

The little girl is well presented and suitably sweet. The camera work is perfect. The storyline, clear and suitably brief. The ending, unexpected and leaving the right feeling for the project. Love it.

Incidently, this is my first posting here and the first video I've seen. I have a long way to go, but really did like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    If I were you, I would delete any music files that you own just to be sure they don't accidentally get included in future productions.
    Huh? Why on earth does he need to delete his music files ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Huh? Why on earth does he need to delete his music files ?
    I wasn't quite sure what that meant either.. I just assumed that (since I'm Swedish) I might have missed something in the "language barrier".

I am glad that some people liked it as I did it, without the dialog.. I guess that in the end, you cant please everyone.
    Regardless it is a good thing to know that some people would have preferred it with dialog, and without music.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Ersson View Post
    I wasn't quite sure what that meant either.. I just assumed that (since I'm Swedish) I might have missed something in the "language barrier".
    I just meant that film has two components - audio and video - and we should try to take advantage of both components when telling a story - I think music is good in order to augment a story (e.g. to set the mood), but not so much when the audio component is simply replaced wholesale with elevator music - to me that would be like filming Lars Lannerbäck playing some nice arpeggios and then replacing the audio with slimbob playing his ukulele. Hope that helps.

Also the climbing effect at the end was really great.

Zam
    Last edited by zamiotana; 10-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast