Thread: Morning! Teaser Trailer

Default Morning! Teaser Trailer

Hi all,

Long time lurker but first time poster. Firstly this is an awesome forum and thanks to all the posters, good stuff!

I have made my first video, a teaser trailer for a video I am editing now which will be better (but only about 3mins probably). Footage was taken on my handycam but I am now shooting on a DSLR.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated but please don't be too harsh as it is my first vid.

On youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqtzXJTvPsU

And vimeo (for those who don't like youtube):

Thanks again,

JMcC

Looks good.

Thanks Midnight Blue,

Just finished the full version actually. I am completely new to Premier Pro, I am lucky enough that my uni has it and I can use it.

GB's RX8 R3 - YouTube

Constructive Criticism welcome!!

Blog Entries

On the whole I thought this was pretty good. You certainly had a lot of angles covered, some good car movement and some good camera movement. I also liked the grading.

But there were one or two surprising choices of shot in there - what was the the shot from about 1:42 all about? Quite apart from the jerkiness, the framing seemed to be all over the place - and it went on for so long. This one shot was enough to make me reevaluate what I was going to say about the whole video.
    And do we really want a 30 second credit roll bolted onto a 2min video. You could easily have rolled that info past in 10 seconds and I'd suggest it's the wrong info anyway. People like us might be interested in what you used to shoot it, but I would have thought the main audience of a video like that would be more interested in the specs and modifications.
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback, much apriciated!

Looking back on it now with your comments in mind I see what you mean, I think there were parts of the 1.42 shot that would have made a nice photo but didnt really work in a video format if you get what I mean and I guess I got sucked in that being my background.

A very good point indeed on the credits and I will cut it down next time and probably change the info.

Again thanks,

James

6. Default

I didn't really see a point to the video. For the average viewer, they want to see something spectacular. Handbrake turns, wheel spins, tricks, something. OR if you are wanting to demonstrate that car and what is it all about, you need to have the specs roll past or have a commentator over the top. To watch the car drive around at normal speeds seems a bit pointless?

A few of the opening shots needed a tripod, it was very shakey and quite off-putting to me. However, the colour grading was great. Your use of angles was also very good and you captured what you did, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarboy2828 View Post
    I didn't really see a point to the video. For the average viewer, they want to see something spectacular. Handbrake turns, wheel spins, tricks, something. OR if you are wanting to demonstrate that car and what is it all about, you need to have the specs roll past or have a commentator over the top. To watch the car drive around at normal speeds seems a bit pointless?

A few of the opening shots needed a tripod, it was very shakey and quite off-putting to me. However, the colour grading was great. Your use of angles was also very good and you captured what you did, well.
    The point was to try and showcase the aesthetics of the car. Unfortunately I was limited to shoot it on open roads and not on a closed track or airfield. I see your point however, need to clarify the point of the video, many of my ideas came from a sort of commercial/advertisement side rather than an action movie side.

Thanks for the comment on colour grading, it is something very new to me so it's good to know I'm on the right track.

J