Thread: HELP | Big Troubles with Sony Vegas 12.0 pro Rendering while having BEAST PC

Default HELP | Big Troubles with Sony Vegas 12.0 pro Rendering while having BEAST PC

Hi guys. i'm having alot of troubles while rendering in Sony vegas 12.
    As soon as i add some fx or transitions my rendering goes really bad. i get flashes in my rendered video.. you can see the troubles in this video I attached.

My Pc specs are:
    Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
    16 GB RAM
    2gig Graphic card
    Asus Motherbord

My computer really can handle the rendering, i think i'm missing something here, i hope someone can help me out with this. I've rendered in sony vegas before on my little laptop.
    Thanks in advance!

If your not getting this problem in the preview screen then it could be the render settings. Try a different CODEC and use one of the standard template to see if you are still having the same problem. You could also try lowering the pixel format to 8bit in the project properties some FXs don't support the higher rate.

We could do to have more info from you like what is the source footage, what FXs have you used and what are your render settings.

I also have the problems in my preview screen, but not that much as in the actual rendered file.
    I've already tried using different codex' but none seem to work. The standard pixel format i use is 8bit, i tried all different formats but still without any succes.
    The effects I use aren't any "big" -effects.. just the Fade in/ Fade out.
    My rendering settings are:

Frame rate : 27.970 (NTSC)
    Video smoothness to 100
    Image size High definition 1440x1080
    Pixel aspect ratio 1.333(HD1080)

Bit rate:
    Internet/lan: 8M

Video rendering quality: Best

I hope this helped a bit, and maybe you can help me a little bit more with the information i gave.
    I really hope someone can help me with this because it's not worth the time editing with these issues :(

Thanks in advance!

I found the problem!

I had to go to Options -> Preferences -> Video tab -> CPU acceleration of video processing: OFF

I had the acceleration on: Advanced micro devices..

Thanks for your time and help though!
    I appretiate it! Now back to the nice Editing work So happy

Right if you're seeing it in the preview we can eliminate a rendering issue. This must be to do with the the original footage. Are you recording with fraps ? To a DivX .avi ?
    Do you have the updated codec from DivX ? I don't know exactly what's going on but there is some sort of conflict going on. Providing you have the correct project properties settings there shouldn't be an issue unless Vegas 12 has a bug.

Other things to look at are updated graphics drivers but I'm not sure this is relavent but good practise to do anyway.