Thread: Looking to offer my services

Default Looking to offer my services

Hi all, I am a newbie to the forum.

And my apologies if i have posted this in the wrong area, please feel free to move it or advise me where to post.

I studied post production at university but unfortunately it had to take a place on the shelf while i sorted out some personal issues. But now i am trying to get back into it and trying to create a showreel of my work to be able to more towards being a professional /freelance editor, which is proving difficult as i am not so much of a film maker, so i am offering my creative skills as an editor for free to anyone in need of some work doing.

I have my own kit, i use Final Cut Pro And the Adobe suite.

The last thing i want to do is take away paid work from professionals so this offer only extends out to people who need the help.

That's a nice offer, I hope you can find someone for you mutual benefit.

Hi Benfrey, are you looking at doing short films?

Or have you considered editing music videos? They are usful because they are quicker, shorter, and bands promote them, therefore getting your name around.

There are unestablished bands with 1000+ likes on facebook that would kill for a good video, and footage is usually available from their friends, and you already have your soundtrack.

Im looking to do almost anything, i have done music videos in the past and quite enjoyed them.

I will have to investigate some Facebook pages.

Thanks for the advice

Maybe you'd like to share the ones you have done?

I got involved with some local muso's, which led to festivals which had visiting artists. Check them out on facebook, see if they are candidates for promo videos, then ask if you can shoot them at the gig/festy.

If you do well, you can be popular very quickly, and build up your portfolio and your name. And of course that band know other bands/contacts - you can go viral in a small way.

My next step is to do well enough to score a proper band video. I see it as buying a lottery ticket, a band can become popular quickly and you may just get invited along on their journey with more music videos, documentaries etc

May not be what you're looking for, but it's better than doing nothing.

Gotta be in it to win it
    Last edited by Stripe; 10-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I would have loved to have shown a few of my previous pieces of work but, unfortunately the majority was lost in the great hard drive failure of 2010 (taught me a valuable lesson). Which is why im in the annoying position of restarting my showreel. Following your suggestions i have found a few facebook pages dedicated to unsigned musicians and offered my services there.

Im planning on grabbing some footage from youtube and a song and just creating a bit of an artsy composition to show off if anybody wants to see examples of what i can do.

I wouldn't mind following bands around, sounds a hell of a lot better than what i do now haha.

My friend's car was wrecked in a hit-and-run accident and the culprits were featured in the car's CCTV. However, the video is dark and we could not tell much info with the blurring and night scenes.

Need help to reveal car's number plate based on video below.

Subaru impreza irresponsible hit and run couple@347 Clementi Ave 5 open carpark - YouTube

Please PM me if you are able to help.

Benfrey - I look forward to seeing that creation - please post it here?