Thread: my new video

1. Default my new video

Hi, first off, nice music, I did appreciate it.

then about the video, aesthetically, it's looking good, but not excellent. Fairly common type of shots and scenes, nothing too risky here, but it's well done and I can completely relate to the idea of doing something simple but doing it well rather than doing something difficult and doing it wrong.

what bothers me a little more is that there isn't really a story. I don't understand the language and I couldn't be hooked for long enough on the music to go through the entire video (however, I did), after some time, the same rotation of scenes just starts to bore me and I want to just do something else. It's like you went in there without a scenario, and I think it's a mistake for a music video (or any video for that matter, at least some idea of what you want to express through the video, usually in music video, you can always fall back on the lyrics for that purpose).

But with a scenario, you probably would have spent 3 or 4 times the time you spent for shooting this vid, and that much longer to edit it.

And it all comes down to what do you want this video to be?

- is it a test or training video to learn how to film? in that case, it's pretty good already, depending on what specific you meant to work on
    - is it an official, major music video? in that case I'd start over and spend much more time and put more thought into making a much deeper video. more like a "film" actually

also, what was the frame rate? sometimes it felt like it wasn't 24fps

24fps go a long way in giving that fabled "film look", unless I have a very good reason not to do it, I always end up with my footage in 24fps (even tho some is filmed at 50 to begin with). it looked like some of the scenes in there were at a higher rate, maybe my vision's messed up too

overall, good job, but next time, tell a story with the images, not only the words because people may not understand the words, but images are universal.

3. Default

ok thanks that was just one test shot i prepear a new lyric projekt with storyboard i know wat you meand thanks

I'm coming from a place of this not being my taste in music. I have seen a lot of the angry young man rap videos to know this fits the bill, ticks the right boxes etc. so it's a good video in that regard. I even liked the shot at the end with star-burst effect on the street lights. I think you got a good performance from the talent.

I am hoping that someone will make a breakthrough rap video that will bring something new and refreshing to this genre. Like Eminem did a while back.

5. Default

nice nice thanks

I tried really hard, I wanted to turn it off twice, I persevered.

But the 3rd strike came after the 2nd run of the Donald duck voice which was 2 seconds away from making me want to break a wall.

Thankfully the previous comments tell me I didn't miss anything.

In fact I turned it off at 1m27s which gave me a still image of talent looking scared stiff - so my positive comment would be to have a more assertive character than a rapper that looks scared stiff, he just wasn't convincing all the way through, (or at least the 1m27s).

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm coming from a place of this not being my taste in music. I have seen a lot of the angry young man rap videos to know this fits the bill, ticks the right boxes etc. so it's a good video in that regard. I even liked the shot at the end with star-burst effect on the street lights. I think you got a good performance from the talent.

I am hoping that someone will make a breakthrough rap video that will bring something new and refreshing to this genre. Like Eminem did a while back.
    youtube for "roce" (or "rocé" if you have the accents on your keyboard), he dit some interesting things
    - his video "changer le monde" is rather funny to watch, but I found most of his clips were very good and original

Not brilliant cinematography but at least it's refreshing to see some originality. Thanks for the link.