Thread: Don Frye IS Badass Brock

1. Default Don Frye IS Badass Brock

Check out this trailer I cut for my upcoming short film starring UFC legend Don Frye. BADASS BROCK starring Don Frye - YouTube

Shot on Red MX. Edited in Final Cut.

Great stuff I didn't know we have actual professional/career film makers here. You direct the whole movie? I'll make sure I go and watch it.

the trailer is a tad bit long for my liking and I probably would have skipped that "abort" joke, it may or may not be a little too "over the top" and turn down potential viewers (it doesn't bother me that much, personally, but I would understand if someone would be turned down by it)

at the end of the trailer, I think there was too much material of wheel chair action scenes, taken out of context, they could lack some pace and maybe give too much away from the actual movie.

Great stuff, I'm in no place to criticize, but in my honest opinion, shorter would be better, or as we all put it "less is more"

3. Default

Thanks for the reply. yeah i wouldnt quite say professional... until i actually get paid..hahah. But yeah i wrote and directed, it's about to start it's festival run, I'll keep my fingers crossed for distribution..

Thanks for the critique.. I'm not really an editor, but I enjoy it. Mebbe I'll spin up a 2nd cut sometime. Good pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
    Great stuff I didn't know we have actual professional/career film makers here. You direct the whole movie? I'll make sure I go and watch it.

the trailer is a tad bit long for my liking and I probably would have skipped that "abort" joke, it may or may not be a little too "over the top" and turn down potential viewers (it doesn't bother me that much, personally, but I would understand if someone would be turned down by it)

at the end of the trailer, I think there was too much material of wheel chair action scenes, taken out of context, they could lack some pace and maybe give too much away from the actual movie.

Great stuff, I'm in no place to criticize, but in my honest opinion, shorter would be better, or as we all put it "less is more"