Thread: Breakdancing, dubstep, and twixtor

1. Default Breakdancing, dubstep, and twixtor

Fun with Twixtor and Dubstep - YouTube

Just edited this the other day in premiere. Used Twixtor for the high-speed. Shot on Canon 7D at 60fps.

Unlike most videos of this type, I feel you actually have some camera skills. Would I be right in thinking this is not your usual type of video ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Unlike most videos of this type, I feel you actually have some camera skills. Would I be right in thinking this is not your usual type of video ?
    yeah, we usually shoot narrative type shorts, but we didn't have any material and I used to breakdance and we wanted to test twixtor, so we figured why not? If you want to check out some of our other stuff, we recently started a youtube channel. My camera reel is uploaded on it.

Picklebackproduction - YouTube

4. Default

Wow! That was one of the best twixtor slow motions I've seen. Amazing camera angles, the timing of the twixtor was excellent. But the subtle effects were what set it apart for me. It just made it look so professional and SO good. Well done, I have a lot to learn from your videos, subscribed!

great stuff really, it was entertaining to watch, maybe sometimes a little "empty" in the background, but for a just test video it's already much better than my "real" videos

6. Default

super nice weldon

Did I miss something? Why was there a picture in picture and a strange icon for the last 20 seconds?

Liked a lot of your edits though. The music was great, so great I muted it, and was left with a guy falling over a lot.

Bit disjointed, the wrapping of the wristbands, then the cut to the guy with no wristbands?

8. Default

You can thank the camera guy. We were trying to get some unique angles with the environment we were in. I think we were just lucky there was an awesome steam vent in the bg in a couple of the shots.. AN interesting note, all of the camera moves were done in post.. as Twixtor is VERY finicky with moving shots. We are thinking of posting a TWIXTOR video tutorial sometime, to maximize it's capabilities.

9. Default

Hahahha...yeaaaah I am definitly not a fan of dubstep either...but it is very fun to edit to.
    the last bit is supposed to be links to the rest of our channels videos.
    As for the wristbands to no wristbands.... thaaat would be due to extreme lack of footage.. we shot for about 20 minutes before our mighty breakdancer got tired...so I had to scavage material to make even that 1:00 long cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Did I miss something? Why was there a picture in picture and a strange icon for the last 20 seconds?

Liked a lot of your edits though. The music was great, so great I muted it, and was left with a guy falling over a lot.

Bit disjointed, the wrapping of the wristbands, then the cut to the guy with no wristbands?