Thread: Aegean sea! (Underwater footage)

Talking Aegean sea! (Underwater footage)

This is my first post in this forum! thank you all!

Shot 100% on the new Dive Housing & HD HERO2 camera
    Music: Cr.Amstrong-This Love
    Mediterranean and Aegean seas
    GoPro Dive Housing Test
    Mytilene island
    Color corrected in post process with edius

I'm very interested in this as I recently got a GoPro, not for underwater shooting as such but I could be using it in the future, as my friend is a scuba diver. Firstly I think you produced a nice video you very cleverly used the GoPro to it's best by putting it on the sea bed and using stick shots which looked very nice. I noticed with some concern with those shots which are moving that they seemed jerky, was this some sort of post settings miss-match or is that what happens with this camera?

How much colour work did you have to do to put right the under water shots?

Good job.

thank you very much!the colour work was very little!now about the jerky shots was done because of the stabilizer of my profram (edius)...My pc sucks for video editting and I'm going to upgrade soon...you have to try the water shots with gopro it's really fantastic!I had so much fun with it!

i thought the video was great - especially the part around 3:15; i would have preferred the ambient sound rather than music, but that's just because "If I ever hear a music video again, it'll be too soon!"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    i thought the video was great - especially the part around 3:15; i would have preferred the ambient sound rather than music, but that's just because "If I ever hear a music video again, it'll be too soon!"

Thank you very much! maybe you are right!Maybe an ambient sound would be a better solution but I think that this music track is so beautiful!

And i forgot to say that this is a test of the new dive housing of gopro!

Blog Entries

I thought the static camera shots were vastly superior to those where it moved. Movement was created in those by not just the fish and grasses, but by the light refracting and casting shadows through the surface. Even so there were one or two shots held a tad long where nothing seemd to happen (for example the shot around 1:42 was busy with light and OK to hold for a while but the following shot should have been shorted as it was dull by comparison.
    The shots with the camera moving just seemed like "ok" home movie stuff.
    It would have been nice to have a shot from the camera rising from the water at the end to balance te one at the beginning - the one at the beginning was let down by not being level - always looks bad for water!
    A good effort with the opening shot, but we're so used to seeing really smooth steady shotsfor this sort of thing that the only way to go is Glidetrack or similar contraption. Doing it by habd we're almost looking for the unsteadiness.
    Tim