Thread: Why wont Sony Vegas render videos 'properly'?

Question Why wont Sony Vegas render videos 'properly'?

I can't fix this problem with Sony Vegas....

My raw footage is fine. It doesn't matter what game I record and render, the rendered product is always a little...brighter. I don't know how to describe it, so here's a comparison.

Raw footage

After it was rendered

You can see the difference. I don't know why it does that. I hope someone with more knowledge with Sony Vegas can help me.

And by the way, I haven't modified the video in any way. I'm a bit puzzled as to why it keeps coming out like that,

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by TheBenbig1; 10-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries

You clearly have modified the video. These images are different sizes for starters!

You haven't told us anything about the format of the source material or how you're trying to render it/the format you're trying to render to.

For starters match your project to your source material. Then render using the same format.
    If it is still different then come back and ask again.

And when you do the version and build number of Vegas might be of help.

Cheers.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You clearly have modified the video. These images are different sizes for starters!

You haven't told us anything about the format of the source material or how you're trying to render it/the format you're trying to render to.

For starters match your project to your source material. Then render using the same format.
    If it is still different then come back and ask again.

And when you do the version and build number of Vegas might be of help.

Cheers.
    First things first. The sizes aren't actually different. puush(What I used to upload the images) allows you to crop where you want to take a screenshot. Both the video sizes are 1280x720. Sorry for any confusion there.

The raw footage is AVI(Fraps), and I've tried to render it in MP4(Sony AVC). the preset is Internet 1280x720-30p

I'll try rendering in AVI, and see if it's any better. If not, I'll get back to you.

Edit: Nope. No luck. I'm guessing I'm going to need some hope. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm on Vegas Pro 10.0, build 470.

Thank you for your support.
    Last edited by TheBenbig1; 10-07-2012 at 08:31 PM.

This could be some sort of setting for your graphics card that could be affecting the way Vegas shows the preview screen, I'm not sure exactly what setting does this so you will have to experiment yourself. I've had this issue with version 10 when rendering to mpeg2 only for some reason. I did find rendering to .wmv didn't have the problem or at least not as bad.

One other thing is to make sure you are compairing with the preview set to best full.

I've tried tinkering around with different video formats, and nothing seems to be working. I tried .wmv and it worked a bit. It's still not how I want it.

If it is a problem with my graphics card, is there a way to fix that? By installing a driver, or replacing a file in the registry?

My graphics card is an AMD RADEON 6770 1GB GDDR5. If I could be directed towards a fix, that would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you for your effort.

With Radeon graphics card you can go into the settings and tell the software to let programs deal with graphics and not try to control it. I can't remember exactly what and how but I'm sure you'll find it. It made a big difference to me.

May I?

I'd like to know if OP has always experienced this problem .. . or more likely it's recent.... so what has changed. I wonder?
    I use VS v10 and have never noticed the final render (brightness) being any different from the Preview (although less jerky), when viewed on a dedicated DVD/TV.

Also I didn't follow this: "...puush(What I used to upload the images) allows you to crop where you want to take a screenshot. Both the video sizes are 1280x720. Sorry for any confusion there.
    The raw footage is AVI(Fraps), and I've tried to render it in MP4(Sony AVC). the preset is Internet 1280x720-30p...."
    ...er, FWIW.

Yeah. It's always been like that. Only recently it's started to bug me, because I'm working on a project. If I can't render it properly, there's going to be no point continuing on it.

Also, I'll try to explain more briefly...Puush is a file sharer. You can crop images and they'll have a link automatically assigned to them. It's really handy.

Fraps is what I used to record the videos. They record in .avi format. I try to render in .mp4 format, but it never works.

Again, sorry for any confusion.