Thread: Prometheus Inspired SHort

Default Prometheus Inspired SHort

We saw that pups effect and tried our own.. Tell us what you think!

Show us your love!
    Reviews! LIkes! and just.............. WHATEVERS!

Enjoy guysHoming - YouTube

2. Default

Looks good TheCEL. The FX worked really well - I thought you did a really good job there.

The scene was cut together nicely. Nice job editing all around.

My complaints would be towards the story and characters. Probably wasn't the point of this, but a plot and interesting characters are always a big win.

Blog Entries

I thought the early part with the running upstairs was good and the FX were very well done (showing the light on the wall etc).
    The cut at 0:30 when he catches the device felt wrong wrong, for two reasons I think: he appears to catch it twice (in the close up and the wide angle) and the angles don't cut together well - I don't think you're crossing the line as such bet they just don't look right to me.
    The business outside the door felt like it went on too long. You should have shut the curtains behind the gunman. If it was deliberate and you wanted a semi-silhouette shot then he needed to be still. With him moving across the over-exposed window this just created a massive distraction.
    But there was a good mix of shots. The hand-held look worked for the action and wasn't overdone (for once it didn't draw attention to itself).
    I can't say I liked the colour but it was consistant and I guess a "look" you intended.
    Well done
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jamiefranz View Post
    Looks good TheCEL. The FX worked really well - I thought you did a really good job there.

The scene was cut together nicely. Nice job editing all around.

My complaints would be towards the story and characters. Probably wasn't the point of this, but a plot and interesting characters are always a big win.
    Yea, we noticed that after the download, We shall not let you down later Thanks for the comment man!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I thought the early part with the running upstairs was good and the FX were very well done (showing the light on the wall etc).
    The cut at 0:30 when he catches the device felt wrong wrong, for two reasons I think: he appears to catch it twice (in the close up and the wide angle) and the angles don't cut together well - I don't think you're crossing the line as such bet they just don't look right to me.
    The business outside the door felt like it went on too long. You should have shut the curtains behind the gunman. If it was deliberate and you wanted a semi-silhouette shot then he needed to be still. With him moving across the over-exposed window this just created a massive distraction.
    But there was a good mix of shots. The hand-held look worked for the action and wasn't overdone (for once it didn't draw attention to itself).
    I can't say I liked the colour but it was consistant and I guess a "look" you intended.
    Well done
    This is awesome. I will seriously take your words as a lesson and learn from those mistakes. Thanks again and hope you review our other ones
    We have alot of work to do, haha!
    Thanks again

really inspiring, the story and the images got me hooked all through the video. it's not really my place to be picky here and most of the "less good" stuff has ben mentioned. on my end, the only thing that kinda threw me off a little was the overall very soft look. I'd definitely see that in more of a sharp and contrasted feel (not too much tho, but a little more than how it is now). But yea, I wish I'd be able to do stuff like that. good job

Quote Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
    really inspiring, the story and the images got me hooked all through the video. it's not really my place to be picky here and most of the "less good" stuff has ben mentioned. on my end, the only thing that kinda threw me off a little was the overall very soft look. I'd definitely see that in more of a sharp and contrasted feel (not too much tho, but a little more than how it is now). But yea, I wish I'd be able to do stuff like that. good job
    Hey thanks for your comment. Your comments got me inspired. haha! So we are even.
    Thanks for that tip right there though. I see what your saying and we seriously need improve on our color correcting. haha..
    Thanks again!