Thread: Music-Video Carrot Style

Default Music-Video Carrot Style

Hello there,
    we have produced a music video with real animated carrots. What do you think?

Syke'n'Sugarstarr & Alexandra Prince - So Alive - The Fu King Production

Kind regards,
    Florian

Filmproduktion und Postproduktion Hamburg - The Fu King Production

It's the best music video I've ever seen featuring real carrots.

If you want a critique there was a few keying issues but mostly a good job done.

Blog Entries

Excellent. I loved the way you gave each carrot a different personality. And the joke at the end in the car.
    Tim

Lot of humourous details, but found the music was intrusive and took attention away from the skilful animation. 2nd time of watching, I turned the audio off. Much better.
    I liked the carrots on the beach and the variety of scenes in the dancing scenes. I look forward to seeing the carrots again, but hope they won't just be miming to a pop song.

Maybe the Audio-levels could change with the shots, otherwise it sound like it was taken from somone else's CD (which it was obviously, but we're trying to create an illusion).
    Also there was no lipsyncing until some way in . . . I think the "singer" needs to be "obvious" at the moment they start their vocals.
    However, if it was the backing group that started, then we'd need to see them as a group change from not-singing, -to- singing.

er, FWIW.

EDIT: Second viewing, ah I see the camera is aproaching a Night-club, we go in to listen to this Group . . . . I think Audio-volume and bandwidth could help the illusion - and add a v.little video noise (and darker) to the outside shots, so they convey the scene more accurately . . . . indeed I suspect there are few NightClubs where you can hear the show from the street. Add some Foley too, perhaps.

Having said that, it's way better than I could manage - but you did ask.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 10-05-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    sound like it was taken from somone else's CD (which it was obviously, but we're trying to create an illusion).
    It's billed as a music video, so I assumed it is to promote the music. In which case the music should be presented as per the recording. Or am I wrong on either/both counts?
    Tim