Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a new camera

Default I got a new camera

So I shot some test footage. It's un-altered so you can see how it looks striaght out of the camera.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 10-03-2012 at 10:29 PM.

should we expect a trailer first or the actual footage?

Ha Ha, I up loaded it, posted it on here then noticed a typo in the title. It should be up in about half an hour.

Blog Entries

Wot, no dog?
    So what is it then?
    Tim

It's a camera like I said in my first post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It's a camera like I said in my first post.
    Y'bugger. Its test footage so I want to know what you're testing. DSLR of some kind I'm guessing given the ludicrous shallow DoF you tested at times.
    So spill all and let us knwo whether this footage is off the camera or whether you shot flat and graded or what.
    It had quite a naturalistibc under-exposed look, I thought
    Tim

I watched . . . and I wondered. Both this and the D800E movies test were . . ok, nothing popping image wise and a distinct lack of tilts and pans. Do they show artifacts at either?
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Thanks Zero, I thought I could get a couple of day fun out of Tim with this. BUT I did give it away on the YouTube Page.

Tim, The camera is a D800, I went for the Nikon over the Canon 5D MkIII because Mrs M has a bunch of Nikon lens. I did shoot it a bit flat as I've heard it's to do that then pop it out in post. BUT not as flat as it will go. The footage is totally untouched apart from the titles, I just trimmed to the music and rendered. I quite like the natural look just as it is.

It's a nightmare not having an eye piece when outside in the sun. That's why some of the focus pulls missed a bit. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) I really will have to get a veiwer thing to stick on the LCD display. I didn't do any pans and tilts, well I did one tilt but that was an accident as I didn't lock the head enough and the main lens I used was a 300mm, which really makes the camera front heavy. I'll give it more of a shake down later so I'll know how fast I can pan before I get rolling shutter etc. Probabley not very fast BUT you shouldn't anyway.

I suppose now that I've gone all "DSLR" I'll have to get all the add ons to make it work. Philip Bloom goes on about having a variable ND filter, I really see why. To enable me to keep the iris open, I was having to jack the shutter speed right up, which isn't really the right thing to do.

Congratulations MB. Nice clip. Good crystal clear shots. Filmed on location at the MB Estate.

Blog Entries

I thought I could get a couple of day fun out of Tim with this. BUT I did give it away on the YouTube Page.
    That would require me to pay attention.
    The footage is totally untouched apart from the titles,I quite like the natural look just as it is.
    Yes, it looks good. But nowhere near what I understand by "flat" (which isn't really presentable at all) The DaVinci Resolve site has some RAW footage shot flat that you can download to play with ...
    I really will have to get a veiwer thing to stick on the LCD display.
    An absolute "must have" according to our pro cameraman at the club who uses DSLRs.
    Nice to see the results, Midnight. Looking forward to your tests of the pan/tilt shots. What fun!
    Tim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast