Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning a section of the time line to DVD.

Default Burning a section of the time line to DVD.

Hi all,

It's quite possible this question is buried somewhere in the forum but I can't see it. The answer is probably in the help section of Vegas but not in the language I can understand so, can I presume on you expertise to help me out here?

In a nutshell, I have created a movie on a timeline but what I want to do is burn a portion of this timeline to a DVD rather than the complete timeline, for the time being anyway. So, my question is, is this possible to do?

It must be obvious by now that I'm a newbie to Vegas in which case any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Richard.

I use Pinnacle and not Vegas. But could you delete from the timeline the portion you don't want, save as a new file then burn it. Or possibly copy and paste the portion into a new timeline. I would have thought the software would automatically burn everything contained in the timeline. Might be wrong but I would not think you could just do portions.

Hope this helps.

Rich,
    CaptionWorld's advice is right. If you want to burn a section from the Vegas timeline, make it a loop region. Copy that and paste it to another instance of Vegas. You can have more than one instance open simultaneously.
    Otherwise you need to use Render as / Render options > Render loop region only using the DVD Architect templates and taking those renders then to DVD Architect.

Thanks guys and I get the gist of the idea although I haven't got Architect if that is a route I have to take. I'll have a bash and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Richard.

Rich,
    the only version of Vegases you can buy without DVD Architect is the basic Sony Vegas Movie Studio. If you have only that, I don't think you can burn discs from the timeline anyway.

If you can save as a video file. You can burn to DVD if you download Freemake and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by Richbro View Post
    . . what I want to do is burn a portion of this timeline to a DVD rather than the complete timeline, for the time being anyway. So, my question is, is this possible to do?
    Most certainly, I do it all the time for testing. You don't get a fancy menus structure. And you only get the plain vanilla DVD Encode, no adjustments to the bitrates, but it is great for doing quick testing to a STBox.

OK:

1] Make a Timeline Selection

2] Go : Tools > Burn Disc > DVD . . . .

Dead easy.

Thanks vkmast and CaptainWorld.
    I have Vegas 10 and I can burn to DVD, but I thought Architect was a separate program. All my burning has been the entire timeline and I never a section, hence my enquiry.
    What I have been able to do is copy and paste the section of the timeline that I wanted and pasted it further along the existing line. Next job is to copy and paste that to a new project ( I think!). All this is probably a bit long winded but it's a bit touchy feely, catchy monkey as far as me and Vegas is concerned. Vegas is not my main hobby by a long way.

Regards,
    Richard.

Grazie,
    works for me too in VMStudios 11 & 12 and VPro 10, but for some reason not in VPro 11 (build 701). I must have a wrong setting somewhere.

Rich,
    DVD Architect Pro/Studio are indeed separate programs, but they come with VPro/VMStudioPlatinums respectively, when you buy the software.
    Last edited by vkmast; 10-04-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Grazie,
    works for me too in VMStudios 11 & 12 and VPro 10, but for some reason not in VPro 11 (build 701). I must have a wrong setting somewhere..
    Noooooo .......! I haven't gone to 701, yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast